Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Loomesy
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having realised that the Dommie is in need of a bit of cosmetic lovin', i have been thinking about powder coating the frame and swingarm and at the same time sort out the various gremlins that it has too.

I was wondering how much powder coating a motorcycle frame and swingarm costs, and also if there was any pre-treatment needed (ie Nitromors) the existing paintwork?
Also, is there any way of touching up the plastics. My dommie is various shades of red due to sun over-exposure, so would be nice to refurbish them a bit.

Cheers

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Having realised that the Dommie is in need of a bit of cosmetic lovin', i have been thinking about powder coating the frame and swingarm and at the same time sort out the various gremlins that it has too.

I was wondering how much powder coating a motorcycle frame and swingarm costs, and also if there was any pre-treatment needed (ie Nitromors) the existing paintwork?
Also, is there any way of touching up the plastics. My dommie is various shades of red due to sun over-exposure, so would be nice to refurbish them a bit.

Cheers
Just as a guide my mate has his ktm outfit shot blast and powdercoated and that was just under £200. As for the panels they can be sprayed if you want to spend the money on them may be cheaper to get aftermarket new panels acerbis or polisport ay do them

1 - 2 of 2 Posts