Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Definitely a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted but I Just bought these on e-bay. I think the price reflected the condition. (Does anyone know if all the parts are shown here?)
Hope they're going to fit my 99er.
Lots of folks on here talk about having parts powdercoated. Where do you get it done? How much does it cost? Would it make these Givi bars look brand new:joker:?

·
Registered
494 Posts
i get all my powder coating done free so cant help you with prices but yes they will look brand new just look for a local metal finishers shouldnt cost a lot

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Definitely a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted but I Just bought these on e-bay. I think the price reflected the condition. (Does anyone know if all the parts are shown here?)
Hope they're going to fit my 99er.
Lots of folks on here talk about having parts powdercoated. Where do you get it done? How much does it cost? Would it make these Givi bars look brand new:joker:?
Aren't certain what they are mate the the place you want is BLAST AND CLEAN at Longdowns between Falmouth and Helston. Very good work at good prices my mate had his KTM outfit shot blast there and powdercoated KTM orange and that was less than £200 for everything. So those little bars shouldn't cost much at all..

Blast Clean & Coatings Ltd
www.blastcleanandcoatings.co.uk
Lower Trolvis Works
Longdowns, Penryn, Cornwall TR10 9DL
01209 861 456

If they are crashbars they don't look like the Givi ones i put on my Varadero which is a 99 model

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the leads. I'll give the Launceston connection a try. Cheers Merv. I'm in Gunnislake:thumbup:

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
only too happy to help Jack, i have just finished stripping my second TDR frame today i will be descending on them soon
Merv

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Collected the crash bars from Sureline Finishing in Launceston and guess what? Powdercoating makes them look brand new:thumbright: The bill for crash bars and my Givi luggage racks, which were also looking rough, was £40. Result:thumbup:
Problem now is that the rest of the bike looks s***.
Saw your frame Mervin. They've done a good job on that as well. Thanks again for the lead.

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
only too pleased to help mate, hopefully i will get a mail from simon soon to come and get the stuff, but i forgot some bits and took em down later so that is why my stuff is still there
Merv

1 - 10 of 10 Posts