Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted an ignition switched power supply in the top box with ciggy & usb point but also with the option of charging stuff overnight or when parked but didn't want the risk of depleting the bikes battery (unlikely) if charging multiple items when parked....
Also to cut down on the ciggy style mini & micro usb plus mains mini & micro usb chargers necessary.

Take one combined ciggy & usb charger, wired from a switched supply from the bike, fused & with connector for top box removal.

Then have a battery pack that charges as the bikes running but used as a backup power source when the bike isn't running.

Combined ciggy/usb point about £8, usb battery pack with decent capacity - about £11

Lets see how it fares on next months trip to the Vosges :)

Phil

·
Registered
188 Posts
That looks good.

How well has it all worked so far, any problems?

I'm setting something similar up on mine for my tours this year.
Can I ask how you've got on with the spare power battery and what make and power it is?
There's such an array of spare power batteries out there that I don't know where to look!!

Cheers.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks good.

How well has it all worked so far, any problems?

I'm setting something similar up on mine for my tours this year.
Can I ask how you've got on with the spare power battery and what make and power it is?
There's such an array of spare power batteries out there that I don't know where to look!!

Cheers.
It works a treat although charging a discharged mobile does seem quite slow.
I have a spare gopro battery almost permanently on charge so it's ready to swap over.

It cost under £20 delivered (uk sourced) & bought via ebay, I think it's about 15 or 20,000mah

1 - 4 of 4 Posts