Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone recommend a good quality accurate handy pressure gauge.
Mine is a inaccurate and also is known to give different readings within seconds!

Cheers:D

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
Anyone recommend a good quality accurate handy pressure gauge.
Mine is a inaccurate and also is known to give different readings within seconds!

Cheers:D
Halford's pencil type is accurate. I think it equalled the accuracy of a Snap-on one in a bike magazine test years ago.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Wot Yen sez.

The pencil type available from Halfrauds or good motor factors,sometimes under the Draper name in a triple pack with depth gauge and valve core extractor are pretty god damned accurrate as well as easily portable and difficult to damage.

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
Wot Yen sez.

The pencil type available from Halfrauds or good motor factors,sometimes under the Draper name in a triple pack with depth gauge and valve core extractor are pretty god damned accurrate as well as easily portable and difficult to damage.
Ooh yes, the valve core extractor, worth it's weight in gold, except it catches on the spokes when using it.

·
Ex Vara Rider
446 Posts
Make sure it's the metal gauge and not the chrome look plastic they're not so accurate.

·
Tropical Member
2,037 Posts
I have a digital readout one, accurate to 0.5psi, 0-100psi range, even speaks in english and spanish (for the benefit of the blind, I presume:D ). 5 year warranty, easy to change battery, etc etc.
I have three conventional, pencil ones, that all read differently on the same tyre. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I've just had a thought.
(ouch);)
How do you know if your gauge is accurate?
I don't know what make mine is, I've had it for years and it's stamped with "Tyre pressure gauge. Made in England". It's completely consistent and I trust it but I really don't know if it's accurate.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
You can buy a pressure gauge with a accuracy certificate (within 1%). These are obviously more expensive than the cheapo ones. You should also get it recalibrated every year!! Track day addicts and racers are keen buyers. Try Demon Tweaks website or hunt around the web.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts