Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, so I am almost there. I have fitted that Pro-Oiler (www.pro-oiler.com)

And here some photos for you ...
Haven't connected the battry yet, so hope it works ..

The pump and Connector box and Tank were glued in place by using Marine Sikaflex-291, it is supposed to be good for vibrations too. It seems to be adhesing well and I don't expect any part to become loose. I had to loose 1 of those three plastic rings on the bracket near the sprocket (it is perfect with two). It is quite easy to get the cap of the tank, but need oil can with some sort of nozzle to fill it. The contol unit is fitted to the fusebox by the adhesive tape included in the package. All connections outside the junction box are soldered. Did not use the connectors. Ps control cable not attached yet.
Note the vent pipe location. Perfect when on sidestand.

And the sensor cable (reading the revolutions) should be fitted on the brake caliper braket rear, there should be a small magnet fitted inside one of the brakedisc bolts (you just drop it in, and diffcult to get off again..). I did not think that day (it actually said in the manual) and dropped it inside the sprocket bolt .. dah!! Now i have to get a new magnet, can't get it out (any ideas). Thanks to great support they're sending me a new one FOC.

Hope you like the ideas.

·
Adventurous Kiwi
23 Posts
Ok, so I am almost there. I have fitted that Pro-Oiler (www.pro-oiler.com)

and dropped it inside the sprocket bolt .. dah!! Now i have to get a new magnet, can't get it out (any ideas).
Good choice of oiler. I have one on my 2007 TA. To get your magnet out use an allen key or similar of similar width to the magnet. Touch the magnet with the but of the allen key and the magnet will draw out. Worked for me when the first magnet supplied was too short and was below the level of the hex bolt head. Cheers, Tim.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have now had this fitted for a while and found that 4 is a good adjustment on the control in dry weather and 7-9 is good in rain. Works fine, no problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts