Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice.
I have been offered a Yamaha TZR 250 from a mate as a project for jnr when he heads back to Technical College to start his third year of his bike mechanic education in september.
I would like to know if there are any usb cameras available on the market that can be used to look through the spark plug hole to inspect the condition of the bores..
I am aware these are very high revving 250s and it has probably been thrashed to within an inch of its life but what better way for an apprentice mechanic to learn his trade than to taking it apart and having a look in side (then fixing it).;););)

·
Registered
741 Posts
My advice would be to forget the bore camera and just pull the engine and barrels off.
What model is it? Parallel twin 3MA or the Vtwin 3XV?
Budget for a full rebuild as riding one of these without a refresh is like a grenade with the pin half out.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I lusted after one when them came out in 87 a white/ red one in 89 I got a white/red rd125lc ypvs an 87 reg then in 94 I had an rg 250 Suzuki . it will be like having an un hinged thirsty girl friend great fun to ride but hard on the pocket and it will turn on you and try to kill you when you least expect it :D I doubt if I could fold myself around one at this stage .

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I lusted after one when them came out in 87 a white/ red one in 89 I got a white/red rd125lc ypvs an 87 reg then in 94 I had an rg 250 Suzuki . it will be like having an un hinged thirsty girl friend great fun to ride but hard on the pocket and it will turn on you and try to kill you when you least expect it :D I doubt if I could fold myself around one at this stage .
I have to go to Germany to check it out and I could end up getting it for free, I dont want this for me as I am an old fart now and have plans for another project of my own once me and jnr have finished our next bike fix this coming weekend.
I want to get it for jnr to rip apart so he can further his knowledge of engines and bikes while he is getting paid by the Danish government to be trained up.
His college has seriously naff bikes for the students to work on (suzuki GN250) and we are both aware how much money these old classic two strokes cost to maintain...
8cbff935bbf859a7f70a7d02e47feeb1.jpg
I used to have a 76 RD350 like this one when I was his age and remember how much fun they were when I was the fastest idiot in our village until Elsie showed up and started messing with my head.:D:D:D....
I can only imagine how much fun the TZR 250 would be ;););)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
when I was a child there was a 3 or 4 different rd 350's about I loved them the look the sound the smell and the way they pulled I often got a lift on the back of one . the First time I saw an LC 350 I though it was pug ugly I still think so it wasn't until they put the full faireing on the ypvs that I liked them but the tzr 250 was around by then and they were proper little race replicas so way cooler . only thing more desirable for me in a classic bike that the rd 350 R5 is a Suzuki T500 in pink and white . when I was a child my sister went to the canary islands on holidays and bough home a scale model of gt 750 in pink . I though it was the most eye popping colour I ever seen on a bike then I seen one in white and pink like the one in this link its so whacky I love it Suzuki T500, Titan, Cobra and GT500 - Classic Motorcycle Guide - RealClassic.co.uk I wouldn't have the money for it but I would love it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts