Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, after three new dashes and three new ecu's Aprilia have admited that the can't repair my brand new rxv 4.5 that broke down with THREE hours on the meter, 89 miles on the clock, and yeilded to my demands for a full refund, to be fair the dealers done his best but the backup fron Aprilia Italy is pitiful and the backup fron Aprilia uk appears to be none existant, so I guess that I'll buy the Honda 450 that I should of bought in the first place
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
890 Posts
That's a real shame Stuart, good looking bike as well as being pretty powerful :confused:

Good luck with it....

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
Aprilias backup is not improving then, after my 6 week wait for crank seals for my RX 50 cos i thought i would prefer genuine parts and having to threaten them with trading standards cos they wanted to charge me 50% for cancellling the order i gave up on em, pity cos that wasa brilliant little ped too, was going to keep it for the missus to learn to ride on but could not put up with that kinda service
merv

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
That's a real shame mate. It really is a pity that so much stylish machinery with utterly ****e reliability is produced by us (Europe) and that we have to rely so much on the Japanese makers for 'piece of mind" riding.

It's certainly, and unfortunately, more a case of substance over style that's needed with a bike. Rather than the other way round. Style and future tech' just seems to come without any form of guarantee when produced by Europeans (generally). Look at the new 1200 Honda, a piece of visually disturbing s**e with a range about eleven miles. But as long as you keep filling up what can only be described as it's bean can with a few litres of regular, it'll run without fault, probably for twenty years or more.

By the time Europeans get it all together the EU will have passed new laws anyway.Probably banning anything with two wheels from everywhere but your own back garden.

Sorry, I've dreamt long of having a European superbike ( BMW RR for ex' ) that might run for a few months or more ,but the European dream would only be a nightmare wouldn't it ?. :(

Right I'm done. :)

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
My father is a service manager for an Aprillia, Alfa Romeo & Fiat Dealership. He doesn't think it's that bad these days. He has had a problem latley with a Caponard which electronically did what it wanted. He contacted Aprillia Italy they said change the ECU. It turned up he programmed it to the bike same problem contacted italy again they said change the wiring loom he said "NO, not until i know what the fault is". He took the bike home and found crap connections in one of the main loom connector harnesses. cleaned them made a better contact and no problems since

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guess you got the Friday afternoon bike:(
No, Aprilia have admited that loads of these bikes have electrical problems with the ecu/dash but I chose to run mine in on road and so still had a warrenty,most owners are stuck with the problem, in a perverse way the fact that loads of them have a scrambled milometer is less likely to make the bike unsellable than if you have the only dodgy one,
any way the Aprilias gone and a Honda crf 450 x is on order :p

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
that will teach you to go Italian.:D

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Well done Stuart. Good result. So if they have taken the bike back and given you a refund that means they have admitted liability. I would now go after them for your losses: interest on the money they looked after for you, your time and effort chasing them up - phone calls, mileage on wasted trips, your time, plus compensation for the disappointment. Try one of them no win no fee guys even if it's just a little bit of cash it would be worth it and a reminder to Aprillia and the dealers they shouldn't be foisting crap on the public.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well done Stuart. Good result. So if they have taken the bike back and given you a refund that means they have admitted liability. I would now go after them for your losses: interest on the money they looked after for you, your time and effort chasing them up - phone calls, mileage on wasted trips, your time, plus compensation for the disappointment. Try one of them no win no fee guys even if it's just a little bit of cash it would be worth it and a reminder to Aprillia and the dealers they shouldn't be foisting crap on the public.
The problem I'm left with in all this is that throughout the dealer did there absolute best to sort it but Aprilia Italy don't even aknolege "signed for" letters and Aprilia UK just said "your contract of sale is with the dealer, there is no-one you can discus the problem with at Aprilia UK",
this left the dealer in the hands of Aprilias computer maintainance system and I've seen the paperwork that they sent and they realy did pester Aprilia on my behalf so I don't want to cane the dealer, infact I'm buying the Honda from them at a good price for the bike and the wiring works needed to put it on the road

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
good point - I would hope they are offering you the deal of a lifetime.

I don't really know about these things (nomad might be able to help) but I would expect a dealer to have backed off liability for things like this with the manufacturer. Why not talk to the dealer about it rather than just slapping a writ on them.

Just think about all the toyotas going back to dealers right now. I bet Toyota are underpinning all their costs.

You still got the XR600 for sale? I might have to come and look at it if you have.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You still got the XR600 for sale? I might have to come and look at it if you have.[/QUOTE]

yes it's sitting in a shed, pop over one night, I'll PM my phone number

1 - 12 of 12 Posts