Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 9 years old on his very first ride today! :D:D:thumbup:
School run....he was scared to start with, forgot to open up his visor while were stuck in traffic and got all fogged up, squeezed my love handles...(i.e. read masses of fat down my sides) pretty hard for the first half mile but then managed to relax a bit when we were almost at the school gate.
Bless him .. first thing he did was to put his gloves on and then complained he could not do his jacket or his chin strap up...mind u I have done the ame a ffew times and I am 45....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

He kept looking out for his mates ..... show off! :) he doesn't take it from me!!

PS Wanted to share it with smeone...

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Cool!

Today school: tomorrow the Southern Cape!!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
me definately.....all of a sudden I was turning into my own dad telling me that bikes are dangerous and that I should never ride one etc etc....

Warthog no souther cape but he wants to go to the ace for b'fast...

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
See you at the kids weekend then.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
in a car I think.....all the way to Wales may be a bit too much ....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
398 Posts
in a car I think.....all the way to Wales may be a bit too much ....:rolleyes:
:D dont be surprised when he asks:D

brought my 9 year old daughter on an annual across Ireland fundraiser last year :thumbright:my 8 year old says its his turn next run ;) and that is next month Donegal trip bout 700 miles in the weekend,he hasent stopped talking about it since he's been told :D

mind you looking forward to it myself :D

Tony K

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well I haven't got that far yet .... my 6 yeras old can't reach the foot rests on the vara yet...:p...but he was not happy when he saw his brother putting his helmet on....
mind u a cross trip in Ireland would be tempting for anyone:D

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Great stuff.

Took my sons (9 & 10) for their first rides this year. Both now planning outings on the bike! :D

·
SENSAI
91 Posts
Took my 9 years old on his very first ride today! :D:D:thumbup:
School run....he was scared to start with, forgot to open up his visor while were stuck in traffic and got all fogged up, squeezed my love handles...(i.e. read masses of fat down my sides) pretty hard for the first half mile but then managed to relax a bit when we were almost at the school gate.
Bless him .. first thing he did was to put his gloves on and then complained he could not do his jacket or his chin strap up...mind u I have done the ame a ffew times and I am 45....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

He kept looking out for his mates ..... show off! :) he doesn't take it from me!!

PS Wanted to share it with smeone...
happy days m8 you wont forget that day nor will he.making memories:thumbleft:

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
My daughter loves it when I pick her up on the bike, and makes an effort to slip her armour and kit on quick as so I can slowly ride past her friends and she stands on the pegs waving like the queen, She is 13 and thinks I'am chocolate for doing it then goes back in to teenage mode back at home and hates me for every thing.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Ooooh! That was a very special moment! Thank you for sharing that with us. Bet he's bitten by the bike bug now!!! :D:D:D:D

:sunny:

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
She is 13 and thinks I'am chocolate for doing it then goes back in to teenage mode back at home and hates me for every thing.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

have you noticed how teenagers own parents are always soooooo hateful & uncool, whereas everybody elses parents are much cooler & laid back?

maybe we should instigate an "exchange" program...:D

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well guys guess what....he wanted to go for his second ride today.....one thing I found really good is the belt with grips I bought from JTS for less than 15£ excellent value and saves a lot of giggling when he squeezes my rolls of fat :)

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Well Done Italy 1

Took my 8yr daughter to the kids weekend 2yrs ago for her first ride, Cann't go out without her now :thumbup:

I collected her from school on the bike friday as a suprise, Coolest Dad in the world according to her and her friends. :cool::cool::cool:

See you and the boys at the Kids weekend:thumbleft:

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
have you noticed how teenagers own parents are always soooooo hateful & uncool, whereas everybody elses parents are much cooler & laid back?

maybe we should instigate an "exchange" program...:D
yes I have. Interestingly enough all 3 of my kids have at sometime or another intimated that. The more interesting note is that 6 months later they inform me that the cool parents have split and are getting divorced!
After 24 years of marriage and have known my wife for over 30 and 3 reasonably well adjusted teenagers. I try to remember this when one of the kids say how cool the latest friends dad is.;)

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
After 24 years of marriage and have known my wife for over 30 and 3 reasonably well adjusted teenagers. I try to remember this when one of the kids say how cool the latest friends dad is.;)
:thumbup::thumb::thumbright::thumbleft:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts