Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And it takes a bit digging to find.

There is a new 2007 spec Varadero 1000 that is not being widely publisised because (according to dealer gossip) they have hunners of 2006 spec units to shift.

http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/2007/XL1000Varadero.html

if you go there and open the PDF press release file you get the overview.

The most striking visual feature is the aluminium bash plate , but for me the most striking feature is the price of the Non ABS version at £6799 !!.:cool:

The ABS model is £7299. Same as last year.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Not soooo secret as one of the guys on here has one already;) ;) :D

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not soooo secret as one of the guys on here has one already;) ;) :D
Oh now you see !! - with me not spending anytime in the Vara section , I miss these things !!!

Do we have pics of the new 2007 spec version in the flesh ????

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
:D Yep we do but i can not link it on this stone age pc
Have a look at [email protected] posts
He started one about his new vara,was a present

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:D Yep we do but i can not link it on this stone age pc
Have a look at [email protected] posts
He started one about his new vara,was a present
Found it Vader thanks , but I notice that [email protected] is from Slovenia.

As I was saying - the word at the dealers is, that HUK are over stocked with 2006 models hence they are not pushing the 2007 units.

But it looks NICE .............. thats a lot of bike for £6799 - non ABS.

Wee Jack has made a few phone calls this afternoon ......... now I wonder which colour would go with my lipstick ?????

It's amazing what a bit of thin aluminium bolted to the sump does to the looks of the bike !!!!

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Weight!

The weight has crept up even further. Current ABS version 241.5 kg dry; new ABS version 244.2 kg dry (both Honda figures).

I know it's not much...
but it was lardy to start with!

I suppose some will welcome the choice of not having ABS, which saves weight and improves its off-road credentials (ahem!), but diminishes it's on-road practicality.

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Weight!

I suppose some will welcome the choice of not having ABS, which saves weight and improves its off-road credentials (ahem!), but diminishes it's on-road practicality.
Wee Jack does not like ABS - no not wan bit . One of my Pan Europeans was ABS and it went wrong and was £1100 +vat + labour to fix. And in all the time I owned the bike the ABS did nothing !! The ABS only option was what put me off the current Vara.

I have spent hunners over the years on advanced training and RoSPA membership to try and avoid the need for ABS !!!!!

The 2007 Vara (non ABS) is now the front runner to be my next bike - watch this space :cool: :cool: :cool: I think I might be falling in love !!! well until that filthy slut KTM 990 flutters her eyelids again!!!! but she IS ABS , but I might overlook that - just this once!!!

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts

Wee Jack does not like ABS - no not wan bit . One of my Pan Europeans was ABS and it went wrong and was £1100 +vat + labour to fix. And in all the time I owned the bike the ABS did nothing !! The ABS only option was what put me off the current Vara.

I have spent hunners over the years on advanced training and RoSPA membership to try and avoid the need for ABS !!!!!

The 2007 Vara (non ABS) is now the front runner to be my next bike - watch this space :cool: :cool: :cool: I think I might be falling in love !!! well until that filthy slut KTM 990 flutters her eyelids again!!!! but she IS ABS , but I might overlook that - just this once!!!
good for you:D i made sure mine was a non ABS.. i didnt mind it on the GS cos you could turn it off but not so with the honda....its nice to have a choice:D

·
Lost Lost Lost
558 Posts

well until that filthy slut KTM 990 flutters her eyelids again!!!! but she IS ABS , but I might overlook that - just this once!!!
On the 990 you have the option of ABS-on Or ABS-off at the push of a button.:love3: :happy7: :D

Or a 950, 2005 model to be specific. They still have warrantee left 2nd hand and are well sorted now. Carburetor and no ABS.

ABS saved my bacon this morning when a stupid lorry driver decided I'm too insignificant to wait for, so it gets my vote for riding in the city.;)

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
What happened to the more dual sport version predicted in MCN, with spoke wheels etc? No sign of that yet?

·
Banned
56 Posts
This bike is only another great heavy Vara. :shock: I am so disappointed. :(

I will stick with my 2 Africa Twins and enjoy the admiring glances :) from everyone including Vara owners.

·
Banned
56 Posts

On the 990 you have the option of ABS-on Or ABS-off at the push of a button.:love3: :happy7: :D

Or a 950, 2005 model to be specific. They still have warrantee left 2nd hand and are well sorted now. Carburetor and no ABS.

ABS saved my bacon this morning when a stupid lorry driver decided I'm too insignificant to wait for, so it gets my vote for riding in the city.;)
The KTM SEEMS good but there are questions over longterm reliability and dont forget KTM was afraid to send their bikes on "The Wrong Way Round" , in case they didnt make it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts