Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No sparks. Replaced CDI unit and coils. So,I'm thinking this is where the problem is. Wemoto /Silvers state this part is no longer available.
Anyone have a spare set for sale or know of somewhere to look ?
Cheers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, grasmere59 - a cautionary tale,but maybe be worth the risk. Are you not able to a refund via PayPal ? This part appears to unavailable,unless there's another model using the same ? I'm don't get home very often,so these bike issues take longer to resolve - so get more frustrating !
On the side,see you live in Oxfordshire. Went to a pub recently (The Fishers. Nth Hinksey) 2 lagers+2 wines = £22.50 - another cautionary tale. However,it is a very nice pub,just an eye-opener after being used to French prices.
Salut.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I'd go for it as there seems no alternatives and you might miss out.I'm sure the seller and myself will work something out on my issue,it's not for a great deal of money but it's the principle.If I go to my local now I have to ask for a credit terms for a pint!

·
Registered
942 Posts
don't know if this could be the case with your bike but this was my experience when trying to get a pick up coil for a '88 xr250 a couple of years back,
I went to my local Honda dealer , told him what I was looking for , he looked on his computer then told me "sorry that part is no longer available,cant get one"
so rang david silver , same response , tried all the new old stock suppliers I could find, no luck,
so had a look on the cmsl site to compare my '88 pick up coil with the coil of a '90 model, they looked exactly the same so thought i'd take a punt,
worked perfectly , seems its sometimes the case that parts are superseded with an improved design and the original spec part becomes obsolete,
but the message don't get through to the suppliers, so in my case the computer was telling the supplier that the '88 pick up coil was no longer produced,
but not that it was superseded by an improved part,
hope you understand what i'm trying to say and its of some help

·
Registered
1,328 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi there,
I'm breaking an RD04 at the moment and have picks available.Post back if still needed and i'll get them in the post if you want

Lam

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lam,thank you. Yes,I'd be most interested,so hang on to them. I'm parked in a service center, near Niort, at present. Can't move tomorrow,so waiting for g/f to pick me up. I'll pm you when I have a good connection. Should be in UK early next week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts