Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I repeat here a post put in Dominator's forum just in case some of Africa Twin users also has or had a Dominator. Thank you.

----------------------------------------------------
Can you please tell me something 'bout following questions?

1) Oil brand you use

2) SAE viscosity index that you put in your domi

3) What's approx your domi's oil consumption? ( or c.c. reposition for what mileage )

Thanks for answers

Lorenzo

·
Registered
30 Posts
1) Shell Advance
2) 15W50 I think
3) No idea, haven't checked it since I filled her! :eek:

I know I'll probably take a hammering for saying this but I doubt very much whether many of us based in northern europe ride an @ hard enough to make it really matter what oil you use.

I tend to avoid Halfrauds cheap'n'nasty but apart from that I'd put in whatever's cheapest. I use the same shell semi-synth in my duke race bike and run it for half a season without changing it. The little duke doesn't have an oil cooler so runs about 165 degs C which is miles above the Shell's recommendation, but I don't think Shell would give us the oil if they didn't think it was up to the job.

If you ride in consistently cold/hot wheather, spend the whole time in the redline or only change your oil every two years then it's worth spending the extra on Mobil1 or similar, but if not then almost anything should do.

Hope this helps,

Ali

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
[quote="ali]

I know I'll probably take a hammering for saying this but I doubt very much whether many of us based in northern europe ride an @ hard enough to make it really matter what oil you use.

Ali[/quote]

you need to have a ride out with me and some of the other fruitcakes around
here :lol: :lol:

and DaveS definatly didnt hang around when he had his @ TKCs or not :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Chad said:

I have absolutely no doubt that you thrash the living s**t out of 'em! AT's seem to attract a certain type of hooligan! :lol:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
ali said:
Chad said:

I have absolutely no doubt that you thrash the living s**t out of 'em! AT's seem to atract a certain type of hooligan
yup they do check out this quote from XRV JIM from another thread it made my day . i dam near fell off my chair reading it....LOL

Coming back up the same road (urban dual carriageway) the other night in heavy traffic I'm playing cat and mouse with a guy on a CCM supermoto. We both get to the front of the queue at the lights. The lights change and he drops the clutch and pulls a huge wheelie all the way to the next lights (about 150 yards).

Totally irresponsible and the sort of thing that gives motorcyclists a bad name. Cool Very Happy

Obviously I'd have gone one better (possibly a massive wheelie, on one foot, reciting Coleridge's 'Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner' to the tune of 'Rule Britannia', while stoking a briar pipe with half an ounce of good rough shag) Wink ... but I'm in licence protection mode, sticking very strictly to speed limits/rules of the road, at least until I'm up before 'the beak'. :laughing1: :laughing1: :laughing1: :laughing1: :laughing8: :laughing8: :laughing8: :laughing8: :laughing8: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Guys,

Need some help please....just a yes/no.
I'm out in the Middle East (Abu Dhabi) and the motorcycle oil is not so freely available. Everyone keeps telling me that motor oil will be ok...:mad:

I bought some SAE 20W50 Fully Synthetic from Harley Davidson yesterday as this is the only decent bike shop around. Will this be ok to use in this extreme heat?:confused:

Thanks
L

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts
Hi, I repeat here a post put in Dominator's forum just in case some of Africa Twin users also has or had a Dominator. Thank you.

----------------------------------------------------
Can you please tell me something 'bout following questions?

1) Oil brand you use

2) SAE viscosity index that you put in your domi

3) What's approx your domi's oil consumption? ( or c.c. reposition for what mileage )

Thanks for answers

Lorenzo
Castrol GPS
10-30
not much.. infact I have barely noticed a drop between changes (3000mile or 4 months..)... oil is cheep engines are not...

·
Rule thy Mind
345 Posts
I have absolutely no doubt that you thrash the living s**t out of 'em! AT's seem to attract a certain type of hooligan! :lol:
i always travel at the national speed limits --and i do not thrash my @ -----Much ---well a little -----Oh OK i thrash it within an in of its life and ride round and under power rangers on my local roads.

Hooligan ------Never:D :D :D

·
Banned
34 Posts
Guys,

Need some help please....just a yes/no.
I'm out in the Middle East (Abu Dhabi) and the motorcycle oil is not so freely available. Everyone keeps telling me that motor oil will be ok...:mad:

I bought some SAE 20W50 Fully Synthetic from Harley Davidson yesterday as this is the only decent bike shop around. Will this be ok to use in this extreme heat?:confused:

Thanks
L
Hi there

I spent a little time in Abu Dhabi and I think I know that Harley shop. That oils should be fine, if it specifies M/cycle use. . Car oil will work but your clutch will feel rough as car oil does not have the additives needed for a bike's wet clutch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts