Honda XRV Forum banner

QUESTION.FAST REPLY NEEDED/ARROW CAN

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  anton88 
#1 ·
Hi folks,

I have found a bright new arrow can in a good price for my 97AT.Its the carby model(racing).I will have to make a flange and a pipe to
intall it(no problem).I just need to know if anybody has tried this can especially if it will be compatible with the engine(back pressure).Sales man insist that its suitable for bikes 700-900cc but his is salesman and i can not be sure.I have check in arrow italy but they do not mention anything about AT for this product.

Pls reply if anybody can help asap.

thanks is advance
george

#2 ·
George

You need to think about why you are fitting the race pipe in the first place.

Do you want more noise?

Do you want more power?

Is it because you are getting it at a good price?

I think you should bear in mind that fitting a race pipe may mean the bike MAY not run as well as it does with a standard pipe. Free'er flowing exhaust gases often demand a different carb set up, and whats the point of a loud pipe if everyone can hear the bike is running badly?
I would stick to tried and tested combinations, otherwise you may find out that bargain pipe means a lot of fabrication, re-jetting, and setting the bike up to run sweet.

Just my opinion though!

Good Luck with you decision.

Bob

#3 ·
Dear Bob,

Thanks for your reply.My original can is rusted and look very bad.I dont want more noise maybe better noise yes.I m satisfied with power and im note sure if it will be increased or not.Price is much better compared to what i have seen.It will be cheap for me to do all work for installation as a good friend of mine(professional) will do it for me.As far as other modifications on carb setup might needed this is what i worry about.Are this changes difficult to deal with?Do you think it will be better to try something like remus can or any can made for AT?

I dont want to think for original can.Im not that rich to buy one.

Thanks again.

george

#5 ·
anton did the same sort of thing for his RD04 an grafted and R6 can on it

it sounds fantastic and dont seem to affect the running but to be sure just fit a dyno jet kit and all should be well :D

#6 ·
Simon said:
its not that difficult to re-jet as i just did my own as i have a produro race can. It is very loud but a lovely sound. it was rather cheap too!
Simon, I've just got a used Produro off E-Bay and have a K&N and Dynojet kit on order. Just to give me a starting point, what settings did you end up with?

#7 ·
Just fitted a brand spanking new ProDuro street, as rejetting over here would be difficult (for me at least, having the mechanical aptitude of a retarded maggot).
I have found that the difference in the bike's performance is startling, even with a pillion.
The noise level too is better than the original, at least getting most of the road hazards outta the way, (dogs, goats, chickens, kids and other wassocks who ply our potholed highways and byways) I have also found my new powerbronze electric blue lens covers, make the bike, at least from a distance look like an ambulance, police car or other emergency vehicle, which heightens the fun and games of road clearing!
Weight wise, the new one is half the weight of the original.
Sorry can't help you with the original question about the arrow can mate.

G
#8 ·
KTiM said:
Simon said:
its not that difficult to re-jet as i just did my own as i have a produro race can. It is very loud but a lovely sound. it was rather cheap too!
Simon, I've just got a used Produro off E-Bay and have a K&N and Dynojet kit on order. Just to give me a starting point, what settings did you end up with?
You had best ask Phoenix as he used the dynojet kit. All i did was change the main jets myself and drill the slides a wee bit bigger as they do in the dynojet kit. In total this cost me under £5 rather than the £90 for the dynojet kit. Sami has the same can and did this and found it really helped. If i had too much money i would probably have just gone dynojet.

#10 ·
Hi gs, I have the arrow race can on my 98AT. I put it on and ran it.

It does feel stronger at the bottom end with the baffle in as without it it does rev a bit quicker and, seeing as this is not a race engine, I'd better not let it live at the wrong end of the rev limiter scale!

The noise is lovely. Just ask my neighbours.

I ran a similar pipe on a different Africa for a few years with no damage. They pretty much run quite rich from standard anyhow and this seems to just let them breathe okay.

#11 ·
I've got an Arrow can on my 96 @. With the 'baffle' fitted it sound ok, not too loud at all, not as fruity as a previous Remus though.

Without the baffle in it's bloody loud! Loud enough to be a bit embarrasing and would definately irritate the neighbours if used regularly.

Havn't noticed any performance difference and I also have K&N filter fitted. She runs just fine without any jetting mods.

#12 ·
Hi everybody,

Arrow can has been fitted and sound great with a beutifull base sound.I have compare it to a remus can intsalled on a friends bike it gives a louder more base sound.Can was made for kawasaki Zx-9r.I m riding without a buffle at present but i think i intall it as its 2 loud for me.I will try to sent some photos.

K&n filter will be installed today and at present i can not say anythging about performance exept from the fact that bike can take-off from lower rpm without any problem.Also i have notice that on high rpm engine is not screaming like before.I will keep you posted later this week with my conclusions after i will check spark plugs to see if i will need to modify jets on carb.

thanks for your help and replies.

george

#13 ·
George
Sounds like your pretty much on the ball with this one, I fitted a Produro for a 750 AT onto my RD03 650 AT with separate free flow conical air filters, it feels fine and runs great, I was worried it might not have enough back presure, but it seems fine.
Mine's off the road at the moment, but as soon as I get it fixed up properly I will, like you run it and check out the plugs for any signs of running too rich/ weak or overheating and if there are any problems I'll take it to a dynotester and get them to set up the carb jetting.
Good luck :thumbright:

#17 ·
That looks ace 8)

Wish i could have found a carbon can for mine, but all the ones i looked at were falling to bits (I can only afford second hand stuff now - the babies turning into a small boy and eating us out of house and home :shock: )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.