Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Jamie.

Started the machining on Yamaha triple clamps, just wondering if you could check if the steering stops have been removed or replaced on your bike, if so is it possible to let me know what differences there are?

Thanks Andrew

·
bike nut
1,034 Posts
Hi Jamie.

Started the machining on Yamaha triple clamps, just wondering if you could check if the steering stops have been removed or replaced on your bike, if so is it possible to let me know what differences there are?

Thanks Andrew
hi i have just seen this thread sorry, been on a quick tour over Europe last couple of weeks! :D

and it has the steering stops left on the bottom clamp, i am running a 22l tank so at full lock the rubber bits that hold the headlight on, touch the tank first. been thinking of glueing a penny on each side to stop it! :p

but i think with the standard tank it would be ok!

do you have a full yam front end to fit on?

i have just done the fork seals on mine and been for a quick test, feels great!!! just wish the back was as good :mad:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jamie.

Yes complete front end now, i was going to fit my XR front wheels, as I have 2 of them, but got a Yam one of EBay for £30 so thought it would save the hassle.

Machining the steering stem this weekend, so getting close now.

I have a leaky fork seal to sort out as well, did you replace the seals your self, never done USD forks before.

Thanks Andrew

·
bike nut
1,034 Posts
Hi Jamie.

Yes complete front end now, i was going to fit my XR front wheels, as I have 2 of them, but got a Yam one of EBay for £30 so thought it would save the hassle.

Machining the steering stem this weekend, so getting close now.

I have a leaky fork seal to sort out as well, did you replace the seals your self, never done USD forks before.

Thanks Andrew
yes changed the seals today myself, not that hard but i have done it before! get a manual of internet to show you how!

you will have to post some pics once you have done it!

have you done any other mods to your bike?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Jamie.

Started off trying a XR 400 front end , don't like how the XR 600 front fork bottoms hang so low, catching in ruts, worked quite well.

Also put a different can on it opened up the air box and re jetted and also altered the body work a little, I want the engine std-ish got enough power, I want it's bulletproof side more:thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts