Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Pigford, I saw in another post that you removed the HT resister and the crank vent system, excuse my ignorance but is this a mod that I should be using on my bike? I have just finished refurbing it and am new to these bikes.

Cheers and ps.... like your bike it looks great.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi Dexter..... :thumbup:

The resistor in the HT cap is a common mod as it's just another "power-sapping" thing to go wrong (doesn't seem to effect TV signals now they're all digital). You look in the cap & use a flat bladed screwdriver and undo the brass insert. The resistor should fall out, followed by a small spring - careful you don't lose it ;) I cut a 4mm s/s bolt to the same length as the resistor and put that back in its place & the bike runs fine. It may not make much/any difference, but to my mind (and others) its just summink else to fail and reduce the spark strength?

As for the c/case recycling vent thingy - thats another ECO piece of cr*p :mad: An engine likes dense fresh cool air to run at its best - so sending c/case vapours back into the air box is not good - its just to keep the ECO warriors happy. Lots of folk either fit a small K&N type filter on the c/case stub.... or what I did was fit a longer hose and thread it up underneath the seat at a high point (& leave the end open to atmosphere) to avoid water getting in. Where the unit used to vent back into the air box, I just sealed it air tight with a rubber cap :p

Obviously, I have kept all the gubbins to return it to standard when I sell it !!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts