Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Pleb
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting the usual spam, you know med's, cheap 'quality' watches, p**** enhancement etc.

Except they've started appearing with the spammer's e-mail address as mine:confused:

How is this possible? Does it mean my address has been cloned and anything I get is copied to them?

Should I be worried?:toothy3:

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,036 Posts
I have had that occasionally in the past, but this week it's nearly every spam email with supposedly my own email address on it.

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
I don't think that there is too much to worry about. See this -

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/58666

You might want to sign up to Spamcop.net, or something similar, that try to get spammers accounts shutdown at the issuing server. I've been using Spamcop for years and have been happily reporting spam emails for just as long. It doesn't stop the spam, unfortunately, but it does help to give them a hard time as the accounts that they use are regularly deleted. So, they have to go and get another one. The war against spam continues.......

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

L

·
0 Posts
Anyone can go into outlook or any other email program and set up an account from [email protected] and use thier own ISP to send that email.. Spammers just use a program to automatically write the TO address into the SENDER address as your spam settings are more liekly to believe that it's then a genuine email

1 - 5 of 5 Posts