Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully someone be able to offer some assistance here

My Africa Twin's been off the road all winter in a garage & under a cover. Moved my KLR & Africa twin out of the garage while I did some garage cleaning this afternoon & when I went outside about an hour later - I noticed a wet patch where the AT was. No mess in the garage so it must just have happened. It looks to me like a seal. I've had a good look through a workshop manual but can't locate what the leak relates to

Can anyone advise what the leak will affect ?
If I can drive bike to local dealer in safety (about 10 miles away)
Idea of what will cost to repair

I've put some pictures in below which hopefully will help.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
485 Posts
The green stuff is coolant.I would be tempted to refit the hose,carefully tighten up the clamp,check the coolant level,then run the bike and check it for leaks.If it's not leaking take it to a mate or bikeshop to have a look at it for you.If it is leaking it is probably the hose that needs replacing although you need to look at the pipe that goes into the radiator that the hose fits onto as well to make sure that it is in good condition.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Absoloutly nothing to worry about, just tighten up the jubilee clip & run up the motor,get some pressure in the sys' just to be sure before riding off into the sunset without a care :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Absoloutly nothing to worry about, just tighten up the jubilee clip & run up the motor,get some pressure in the sys' just to be sure before riding off into the sunset without a care :thumbup:
What he said....turn that hose clamp with a socket...or screwdriver...righty tighty....lefty loosey...:thumb:

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
and dont forget to check the coolant level:thumbright:

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
I would do as said but replace the jubilee clip now as it may have rusted and lost it's bite hence slackening off - also the pipe may have hardened and so when you go to tighten the old clip it will strip it's thread.

Did the bike freeze in the shed? If there is not enough antifreeze in the mix it could have frozen - ice expands and woul force it's way out at the weakest spot.

Replace, tighten and run on stand for a while see what happens

·
Last of the Minoans
1,503 Posts
I have to admit it looks like there's plenty enough antifreeze in that coolant - the Predator would be proud to have blood in such a luminous green! Considering how corroded my AT radiators are (especially around the pipe feeds) compared to yours I'm surprised you have a leak at all. Certainly a screwdriver job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts