Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Set off on Saturday morning for a quick jaunt to Devon and a nights camping. We loaded the bikes up as best we could to check out our load carrying and kit in preparation for the Stella.

Despite riding through several prolonged and heavy downpours, the sun was shining as we rode around the headland above Saunton.

The tents were hastily put up incase of further rain, and we had a quick stroll on the beach before retiring to The Thatch for a few (too many) well earned beers.

Also found myself a great new ride! Just needs a lick of Black paint and it'll be sorted!

The ride home yesterday was without doubt the most prolonged ride I've ever had in persistent rain. It "persisted down" from around 7am which meant we had to wet-pack the tents, and didn't let up until around 40 miles from home. Visibility was apalling which meant our progress was painfully slow and with frequent stops. To say we were cold and wet would have been a huge understatement. That said however, we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and are itching to get away again. :D

Better a bad day on the bike than a good day in the office.

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Well done guys from someone who didn't veture out on a bike all weekend :D

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
feck me yeh ive never ridden in rain that persistent before :eek: all the way from mcvicars door to mine .it didnt let up once,,and the way the cagers were driving was downright scarey at times ,wot with the visability being down to about 100 ft at times, and another thing silver cars just aint visable in the spray??? ive never noticed that before:confused: ..but ive got to admit to a strange type of satisfaction at getting through it:cool:

and proud of the vara. she behaved impeccably:cool: :D :cool:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
you mean you would rather ride 100's of miles in the rain than watch Eurovision song contest?
i can see the attraction now i think about it:p

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
feck me yeh ive never ridden in rain that persistent before :eek: all the way from mcvicars door to mine .it didnt let up once,,and the way the cagers were driving was downright scarey at times ,wot with the visability being down to about 100 ft at times, and another thing silver cars just aint visable in the spray??? ive never noticed that before:confused: ..but ive got to admit to a strange type of satisfaction at getting through it:cool:

and proud of the vara. she behaved impeccably:cool: :D :cool:

Unbelieveable wasn't it?! :eek:

I know what you mean about those silver cars too, they did seem to appear out of nowhere once or twice too often or my liking.

There were still a lot of [email protected] (not quite as strong as the word I was using for them on the day) driving along with no lights on, even in that torrential rain. It's a legal requirement these days to have your lights on in the rain, but not only that it's bloody common sense. Eejits! :scratch:

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Well done guys from someone who didn't veture out on a bike all weekend :D
Too right!! :D I was working Sunday outside and my waxed cotton coat leaked for the very first time in spite of a recent reproofing. The local Met office reported that we had 79mm rain in 24 hrs. AKA Bloody wet!

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
I had at least 50mm of water sloshing about inside my boots by the time I got home...not to mention about a litre in my pants! :D
Sounds as if Sir is in need of some serious boot wax/nikwax treatment. Either that or to stop tucking the waterproofs inside the boots!! ;)

Don't larf, I've seen this happen on more than one occasion when trial riding!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts