Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that. Will do it in the morning. Just another question, where is the oil filter located. I have bought the filter. Also when dipping the oil do you just take the Reading when the dipstick is resting and not screwed in. Cheers

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
That's still quite low. Depending on tyres and stuff (check the manufacturer website) ofcourse...

For the dommie I always used 32 and 36, using the values in the booklet makes it a bit of a camel on the road. I can't imagine a Vigor needing less pressure than the NX.

The oil filter is on the right side of the engine, near the front behind a little plate with 3 bolts. And yes, you don't screw the dipstick in when measuring, though it doesn't really matter that much considering the length between the min and max marks. ;-)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Oilfilter are behind the little cover with the tree screws on the right side of the engine just below the cylinder.

Take the reading when the dipstick are resting - not screwed in.

Tyrepressure on my Domi: front = 30 Rear = 34 on road 26 - 30 off road

Niels

·
Registered
585 Posts
Don't forget to run the motor for a while before checking the oil level to make sure that no oil is accumulated in the crankcases (wet sumping). If you simply top up and there is oil in the crankcases you'll have it all over the place once it scavenges.

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
definetly run the higher pressures, at 22/25 it will have the handling qualities of a shopping trolley, 30 / 34 works well i find
Merv

·
Registered
395 Posts
the book pressures for the FMX were too low, the tyre place recommended pressures were 5 or 6 psi higher and the honda garage confirmed it.

Now run 30/32 solo 30/36 pillion

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'll stick with my 26 front 29 rear, any higher and it just seems too hard a ride. I'm a very ampley proportioned chap and the handling seems spot on to me at these pressures. Looking at the tyres the wear seems very even and I cannot detect any flat spotting etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts