Honda XRV Forum banner

Quicky Advice Please !!

908 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Cabby 
#1 ·
Hello Peeps,

I'm in the garage tying to get my 'Alps front wheel in the air as my speedo has packed up (no warning--just stopped).

Anyway I don't have a centre stand so I'm thinking to support it on a short thick plank :)) ) jacked up to rest on axle stands.

QUESTION: Will the lugs for the centre stand support the bikes weight on the plank without distorting ??

I don't want to make a huge mistake without consulting the "Chaps".

Thanks Kevin

#4 ·
Thanks Soho.....I'd already realised that the wrong end was in the air..(NOTHING gets past me !!!:D :D ) so I stuck a bit of wood on top of the trolley jack and "readjusted".

Caliper was a bit reluctant to slide off.....it's 2 gardens away now..I'll get it later !!!!!:)

Just got the speedo drive hanging there and I've realised that Mr Haynes says nothing about it.....I could be wrong...I'm a bit impatient.....I'm looking for the info now........

Thanks for the advice.

Peace and love man;)

#5 ·
As described on this forum.........White nylon gear stripped due to worm gear seizing.....

Freed it off but LOADS of debris in the grease...

Solution.....Got a new nozzle off of one of those DIY sealant cartridges....

Jammed it onto to the drive tag of the worm gear and bodged my cordless drill onto it and submerged it in gunk...

Forward.....Reverse....forward....etc....

Really cleaned it out well.....Loads of bits of nylon and grease came out.

Not as good as that complete dismantle thread I saw on here...

But not far behind......and easier for us less mechanically inclined;) .

Will order gear tomorrow..(Plus lithium grease!)

Off to Barbie and Magners now :bunny:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.