1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Shame about the service Jim, I've always found them to be great, but then I only live 20 miles so take the bike to them and watch them fit it:)

Good bunch of lads and a nice collection of old Ducati's to look at chat about too:)

The Vara will be treated to a pair soon :):):)

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
I had the RD04 / Laser ProDuro link pipe made up by them - I rode in, they measured up where it needed to go with the pannier racks in place and made one in an hour in between working on other bikes, chatting, coffees **** etc. I was there all morning

Great bunch of guys though and those race replica Ducati Pantahs in Mike Hailwood colours look absolutely stunning

Sorry you had a wait Jim but it is quality stuff made by passionate bikers

·
Registered
7,720 Posts
My experience of Quill is less than good (they are only a couple of miles from me in Golborne....)

I took my previous nc30 for a dyno run there, upon wheeling the bike out, the dyno operator crunched the mirrir on the door frame (they were feckin' double doors!) Which flexed the screen brace, cracking the screen.

The worst thing is; he didn't care nor apologise..... AND still expected me to pay for the dyno run (which I didn't)

Quill will never get a feckin' penny off me as long as I draw breath. Pack of to$$ers.

However, glad you got sorted in the end Jim though, I find it quite unbievable that in these economic times companies whether large or small seem to think it unimportant to look after the customer!

Thug's lookin good :thumbup:

Phil

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, I put up the post to let others know there is an alternative to the £700 Akro!

I think the can is reasonable quality for the price. The link pipe has a few blemishes, the welded joint not ground out completely could be better but doesn't really show as it's under the bike, the bend in front of the can has creases from being bent, not a nice finish really, I noticed it while cleaning it today. But it's a nice enough pipe for the dollars.

Hi Phil, yes, the Thug's a looker for sure! And a bloody goer too! A cracking blend sport/tourer/adventure bike. It's no moto-crosser for sure but it is brilliant on the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts