Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The BMW R NineT, anyone on this forum owns one or tested one?
I saw the first IRL today, so there are not that many on the roads here, and even less for test driving.

Just curious if they are any fun.

/Kjell

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
hear in Ireland its costs 65euro admission fee just to get into the bmw dealers to look at the new bikes but its not all bad you get a free coffee while the sales man fondles you and caresses on the leather couch while tricking you into buying a new high spec bmw . if I pulled up on my old 1990 transalp looking like and smelling like a vagrant as I do with longish greasy hair and a scruffy beard id get ran out of the place :lol: so no I aint ever test ridden one never even seen one but where I live you have as much of a chance of seeing a gang of outlaw biker leprechaun's rideing monkey bikes as a new bmw motorcycle .

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi all!
Long time no see (or as in my case, no write).

I finally got rid of the Harley and bought a R NineT Urban G/S.

Okey, so it's not a real GS or even a Dual Sport bike, but it's fun to drive, and has given me a new spark after years of Harley abuse!

A set of chrashbars and soft bags and I will be ready to carve some B-, or even C-roads.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I led a group around on the taffy this year and a guy had the R nine T scrambler and he seemed to be having great fun on it always smiling in fact he put a lot of the adventure bike riders with us to shame, never got stuck or fell off. It's the only BMW where i've ever thought ooh i like that. I'm thinking their pretty much the same bike.
Was going to put a photo but photobucket has started charging to post photos here so can only put a link :mad:

IMG_6484 3_zpst9fdgu5y.jpg Photo by falsalot | Photobucket

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
that's a very cool looking bike I never seen that model before but I have seen a naked r1200 gs or 1150 I cant remember it was cool but yours is better . I seen a café racer style r9t somewhere on my travels around the coast looked cool enough but I am more of a scrambler style bike fan myself . I might have even seen a bike your come against me a couple of times with a happy couple sat on it . I though it was an old r80gs or something . nice retro styling :cool: well wear with it .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts