Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
They all do that sir. If you are knocking on a bit best bet it to switch it to the off road setting which allows a degree of slippage. It seems to perk the whole bike up a bit and you still have the confidence it won't completely run away with you. Of course if you are feeling brave just switch it off altogether.
off road setting??? I obviously need to read the manual again. I found the off road setting for the suspension but thought traction control and ABS was either off or on.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
off road setting??? I obviously need to read the manual again. I found the off road setting for the suspension but thought traction control and ABS was either off or on.
Get reading that book...

Basically while you are stationary (or moving for that matter) press the ABS button for about 2 seconds then release. Each time you do it it cycles between On Road (Normal) Off Road which allows some slippage (shown by a S in a triangle) and off completely (Just the triangle I think). To switch off the ABS you have to be stationary and hold the button down till the Brake Failure (or something like that) light comes on.

ABS and Traction control can to some extent be controlled independently of each other

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Or like me you just wait till someone clever like Boris post something clever like this.
I didn't know that either,thought it was on and off:rolleyes::toothy10:

21 - 23 of 23 Posts