Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
Good question, billy. Saw an ad' for it recently and wondered the same thing. Just what I need (maybe) during the next six weeks! So come fellow inmates - someone must have seen it 8)

Cheers
-Simon

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
not seen it yet, but wifey has ordered the mcn deal for me - dvd, book, sticker and t-shirt - cant wait - i'm sure its worth watching, as theres never been bike dedicated dakar dvd before :?:

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Did wonder about the site buying DVD's like this and then sending them round on loan to people to watch. You only pay the postage costs on to the next person.
The risk is that someone keeps it or we loose track of where it is.
Might be worth it though? We could do it with books as well.
Sort of a library service I guess?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Dave

that is a very good idea, i prefer to borrow, rent or library lend than buy as a banker would understand a better rate of return on capital employed !!!!!!!

You can rent the Race to Dakar from Amazon, i have ust done it !!!

But great idea Dave, put me down for this

·
Registered
169 Posts
Currently reading the book and so far very enjoyable. One can only dream of an adventure like that!

Like the Long Way Round, best to read the book 1st then watch the DVD.

Sounds like a good idea Dave :thumbright:

8)

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
the long awy round was ace ive no reason to think this would be any different :D

your idea is a good one dave but not for me im one of them people that keeps all the books ive read and im now getting the same with dvds :D

i think its real cool when you visit somone and see a good library of books dvds and music 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I think libaries have to pay a special price to buy books/DVDs/CDs for loan. High Street prices are for personal/family use.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Chad said:
im one of them people that keeps all the books ive read and im now getting the same with dvds :D
Oh yes .... Likewise. I've watched Long Way Round so many times I reckon I know it word for word. Got a small library building up here too. Some real crap on the shelves also. Well 'mostly' crap actually .... but it looks good :D

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
pooh said:
Chad said:
im one of them people that keeps all the books ive read and im now getting the same with dvds :D
Oh yes .... Likewise. I've watched Long Way Round so many times I reckon I know it word for word. Got a small library building up here too. Some real cr*p on the shelves also. Well 'mostly' cr*p actually .... but it looks good :D
i love it when people come round and look at all my books my they say [email protected] me chad i didnt know you can read i thought you just swung from the tree out the back and scratched your armpits for ammusment :shock:

those peter and jane books make me look plenty clever :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
Chad said:
pooh said:
Chad said:
Oh yes .... Likewise. I've watched Long Way Round so many times I reckon I know it word for word. Got a small library building up here too. Some real cr*p on the shelves also. Well 'mostly' cr*p actually .... but it looks good :D
i love it when people come round and look at all my books my they say [email protected] me chad i didnt know you can read i thought you just swung from the tree out the back and scratched your armpits for ammusment :shock:

those peter and jane books make me look plenty clever :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:D :D :D :D

-Simon

·
Registered
235 Posts
Got it the weekend , seen the first two episodes , loved the long way round but so far no comparison . charlie Boorman comes over as a right tosser ! takes none of the advice given , fails to even get fit and lose weight , fails to finish a single training ride /race (Enduro) Excuse after excuse after pathetic excuse. Still gorgeous bikes and some good footage of the event. It may get better , entertaining but so far been laughing at him not with him.

S

·
0 Posts
Chad said:
You forgot to mention balls!

·
Kymmy accepts no responsibility for this blondes c
2,075 Posts
peterb said:
Got it the weekend... charlie Boorman comes over as a right tosser ! ....entertaining but so far been laughing at him not with him.
nice guy but really does think he knows much more than the people that are trying to teach him so i was told by a BMW PR guy which is never clever!...

LWR was ok but it was sold as a solo trip against the odds, sadly I think 3 support trucks and 2 cars 24/7 in chase of just 2 bikes ( 3 on occasions) is not exactly what what was portraied in the filming and that reason i think it was nothing more than a money making con :evil:

Do a lot of work with showbiz types that think that just because they have the money and fame they are better than those that have spent 20 years doing the sport, only recent days did one film crew nearly kill one star and maim another because they were put in a situation they should never have been just to make good tele..

·
skeptical old git
1,734 Posts
Jenna said:
Do a lot of work with showbiz types that think that just because they have the money and fame they are better than those that have spent 20 years doing the sport, only recent days did one film crew nearly kill one star and maim another because they were put in a situation they should never have been just to make good tele..
any combination of entertainment and eliminating celebrity fsckwits from the gene pool gets my vote :thumbright:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Update ... episode 3 is good as the rally starts! good footage . Only a seriously Mad person would try to ride those roads with the cars and trucks barreling past trying to kill you.

·
Registered
424 Posts
DaveS said:
Did wonder about the site buying DVD's like this and then sending them round on loan to people to watch. You only pay the postage costs on to the next person.
The risk is that someone keeps it or we loose track of where it is.
Might be worth it though? We could do it with books as well.
Sort of a library service I guess?
You could do it a slightly different way, and use PayPal.

If the DVD costs say £12, then charge the 1st person £12 + P&P, but he then gets his £12 ( + P&P) from the next person, when they are ready to view it, and so on...

It would mean, at then end of the day, you would have to buy it back again using your original £12, but everyone has only paid P&P at the end of the day, plus a small PayPal surcharge. I suppose cheque would also work, but slower, and costs a stamp..

It woudl also mean if it disappears mid-route, nobody has lost out, except the person that lost it...

Think of it more like a commitment to buy for the original price, from the next person in the chain.

Dee Duble Yuh said:
I think libaries have to pay a special price to buy books/DVDs/CDs for loan. High Street prices are for personal/family use.
True, but this is not lending, it's pre-arranged selling..

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Yes quite like that idea...... I'll think on it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts