OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peeps

My fan did not cut in a Cowm Quarry Enduro Circuit

Fitted other radiators off FW750X but the fan does not work on that either

Had them both tested and they are both dead

Has anyone got one around?

Hopefully to fit before the National too!

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Are you sure the fan is dead Paul.
Often the fuse blows - particularly if the fan hasn't been used for a while & 'sticks' slightly.
The other favourite is the earth wire from rad to harness corroding or not being refitted or a bad connection to the sensor switch.

I'd (nearly) put money on it NOT being the fan/s

Phil

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Phil

I started with the fuse - it was in tact so I ceaned up the surfaces to make sure a good contact

Both fans run freely and I alos tried new earth connections and also connecting battery incase there was a break in the wire but still no good

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
is it different to the RD04? I have a spare fan (no idea where from) in my garage.

BTW, both my @s have switches for the fans as they both work (wire them direct tot he battery to check) but will not cut in. I have changed every single part and end up just fitting a switch. When the temperature rises I just manually turn them on.

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
Hope I havn't got a fault, mine were constantly cutting in and the temp gauge was right up into the hot, mind you we spent fekking ages riding very very slowly around abandoned barracks reminiscing on the good old days.

If the RSMs could see the state of the parades squares now

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
I've worked on a few over the years & not yet seen a duff fan or thermo switch (bottom of r/h rad), not saying it can't happen but from my experience it's alway's either;
*A 'stuck' fan/blown fuse
*Bad connector on thermo switch
*Bad (or missing) earth wire from rad to harness/good earth.

It's easy to test the fan, if it works, has power supply & all connections/earths are good it can only be a faulty thermo switch

Phil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts