Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
where next?
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody by any chance know whether an RD04 radiator will fit an RD07a?

Cheers
Dylan

·
Last of the Minoans
1,503 Posts
Yes - I bought a pair and they are identical. I haven't gotten around to fitting them yet though, but they really do seem to be spot on.

·
where next?
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay cheers for that.

Dylan

·
Registered
257 Posts
please lord stig where did you grt your rads from.are they new and how much did u pay for them

·
Last of the Minoans
1,503 Posts
They were on Fleabay - I got them for £30 or so - I didn't realise at the time they were such a bargain. Looking at others since (over £100 sometimes) I realise they were pretty good!

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
I have a right hand RD04 radiator complete with working fan assembly up for grabs. The left one is now on Don's RD07.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A friend of mine has bought a right hand RD04 Radiator to mount on his RD07a, but it doesn't seem to fit. The middle mounting point seems to be a bit different.

Has anybody fitted a right hand RD04 radiator on an RD07 and encountered the same problem or did it just work out of the box?
If yes, how did you solve this problem?

·
BLUE 1999 xrv750x
730 Posts
they don't fit - they look identical, but the mounting lugs are about 5mm out - so they wont fit an RD07A...

·
BLUE 1999 xrv750x
730 Posts
...unless you modify them - and if an RD04 one is all you can find, it's got to be better than the Honda price.
true, true Alan - and fair point - apart from the mounting lugs they are pretty much identical..

·
Last of the Minoans
1,503 Posts
Yes, I was wrong about the similarity - it's not just the lugs, but the upper hose attachments that are angled diffrerently to accomodate the difference in the lug height. I used the old outlets, cut and slotted to deal with the difference, then cemented in place with JB Weld, the groove built up with the same and sanded to give a water-tight seal. It's still holding now - worth the hassle given the difficulty in getting the right ones.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts