Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

With kind permission of the owners I'm gonna be posting some current projects on here that RaidXtreme are working on with a view to finding out who's interested if we make these projects sellable and especially if anyone has any ideas for either the current projects or any new projects that they'd like to see. All the projects are being designed to fit on an XTZ but most with or with some simple modding will fit on any big trailie (or even other bikes). Hopefully in the near future these kits will be available either directly through ourselves or if you wish to help out the site through the sites shop.

Our next project is:

Semi Automatic roadbook

Jenna's in the middle of designing a manual road book that's driven manually through either knobs on one side of the unit or also by a handlebar switch. This unit will be backlit and made of aluminium with a clear screen front.

Since she started this I've been to my little electronics drawing board and worked out a circuit and sensor that'll allow two modes of operation via the switch.

1. Manual mode where the switch moves the roadbook for as long as the switch is pressed
  2. Semi auto mode where a simple press and release of the switch starts the roadbook moving until either the switch is pressed again, the opposite direction is pressed where it'll reverse direction or the paper sensor detects that the paper is at the next instruction where it'll automatically stop.
We've worked out that the standy current for this circuit is only a couple of watts (that's with the backlight on) and probably only about 10-15 watts when the paper feeed is active.

Would anyone be interested in this project?

Kymmy

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Re: RaidXreme Project: Semi Automatic Roadbook

could be.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: RaidXreme Project: Semi Automatic Roadbook

Another few questions concerning this project.

Would people want the ability of varying paper widths?? Just that the standard for roadbooks is 150mm wide (about 6 inches) but varying road book programs print smaller sheets (2, 3 or 4 inch). Also would anyone ever need a larger roadbook than 150mm???

Kymmy

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I thin you are getting overcomplicated

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thin you are getting overcomplicated
Nah, adding variable paper width just means making a couple of the paper guides slidable. Thought I'd ask as there is variable width paper between current units and if people wanted that feature or not.

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts
Nah, adding variable paper width just means making a couple of the paper guides slidable. Thought I'd ask as there is variable width paper between current units and if people wanted that feature or not.
Question one: yes i would be interested.(blah blah depends on price.. )

question two: no variable paper would be a PITA, i would ask for it to be set up for the cheapest size paper..

My request.. make the box easy on-off say using a ram mount/ and fast power clips...and make "extra" switch assemblies available .. . as i would be (hoping to) use it on two different bikes..

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Question one: yes i would be interested.(blah blah depends on price.. )

question two: no variable paper would be a PITA, i would ask for it to be set up for the cheapest size paper..

My request.. make the box easy on-off say using a ram mount/ and fast power clips...and make "extra" switch assemblies available .. . as i would be (hoping to) use it on two different bikes..
ThanX for the comments Xande.

The power plugs and also switch units will have connectors on them (probably sureseal as they're what Jen's used when we made a bespoke XTZ loom.) Also yes the power leads and switch units will be available as seperate parts.

Currenly we're looking into options for the switching units and whether they'd be military spec toggles or push buttons..Either way they'll be vibration and dust/water proof.

As for mounts we're not sure yet as most of the work is designed for rally spec and RAM mounts we don't think are strong enough.

Kymmy

·
Kymmy accepts no responsibility for this blondes c
2,075 Posts
yep single sureseal plug to remove the the main box from the bike, the power feed and switch gear remains in place, and available as spares.

As Kymmy said no specific design on the mounts, but i do have an idea that would allow easy removal and the chance to physically padlock the main unit in place. ;)

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts
yep single sureseal plug to remove the the main box from the bike, the power feed and switch gear remains in place, and available as spares.

As Kymmy said no specific design on the mounts, but i do have an idea that would allow easy removal and the chance to physically padlock the main unit in place. ;)
I did not think ram mounts would be the best way to go but used it for a "kinda thing" I knew you would undestand and have a better way.. but it sounds like you already thought about it and have come up with a way to go.. you two rock:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

This may be none on my (our) business(so feel free to tell me to feck off) but you guys have started both of these posts with " With kind permission of the owners... " I thought you were the owners?:confused:...

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
This may be none on my (our) business(so feel free to tell me to feck off) but you guys have started both of these posts with " With kind permission of the owners... " I thought you were the owners?:confused:...
Nope, never have been and as the site has it's own shop it wouldn't of been fair to have posted projects that might be for sale in the future without askinf for permission :p.

FYI here's the structure of the upper echelons and I'll start at the management bottom and work to the top.
  • Mods: They do all the sites housekeeping, move posts, issue infractions and generally make sure that the members are happy
  • Admins: Do everything that the mods do but have control of how the sites set up and can make discussed changes to the site.
  • Owners: Currently Dave, Jonathan and Annette. Dave is in direct control of the server that the site runs on and Jonathan & Annette runs the Funding/PR of the site.
There is another little fabled secret society called "The Sisterhood of the Shears" and it's said that all female members belong to said society and have usage of the Rusty Shears of Conversion. Aparently these mythical shears have been seen by a few men, but on doing so the men have dissappeared from all forums. [email protected] (name changed to protect the innocent) is rumored to be one such man, though after hearing such stories concerning the use of the shears I think the title Miss [email protected] is now more appropriate.

Kymmy

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts
Nope, never have been and as the site has it's own shop it wouldn't of been fair to have posted projects that might be for sale in the future without askinf for permission :p.

Kymmy
Now i am with you.. i thought you were talking about RaidXeme owners (you do you own that right?).. but you are talking about the site.:thumbup:. light dawns sometimes in this dark pit i call my head.... (although lately it is less and less..);)

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now i am with you.. i thought you were talking about RaidXeme owners (you do you own that right?).. but you are talking about the site.:thumbup:. light dawns sometimes in this dark pit i call my head.... (although lately it is less and less..);)

LOL,

Jenna and I are the directors of RaidXtreme (UK) Ltd.

Now as you're exhibiting traits of being a dumb blonde can I interest you in joining "The Sisterhood of the Shears"???

Kymmy

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts
Now as you're exhibiting traits of being a dumb blonde can I interest you in joining "The Sisterhood of the Shears"???
Ahh no thanks.... run awayyyyy:(:(:(:(:(:(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts