Honda XRV Forum banner
819 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Stuey60 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys.

I don't see how this makes sense ... but let me ask!

After installing kitpeds raiser kit (+6cm front and back) & removing db killer, my clutch slips.

Before I had no issue whatsoever (RD04 from 1992 with 87000km). I checked for free play on the clutch lever and there is more than enough.

When I accelerate slowly all is fine, when I open the throttle fully it slips from 5000rpm. I do have the feeling it's a bit more powerfull after removing the DB killer though (was fix welded).

Before all this I drove about 1000km without any issue (purchased the bike 1 month ago), do have to mention the lever is hard to squeeze (not like my previous rd04 where it was very smooth) , was planning to lube the cable in the next days.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Wannes

See less See more
#5 ·
Check the routing of the clutch cable, but more importantly, disconnect each end of the clutch cable and check it moves freely by hand. I once changed an entire clutch which looked OK, only to find that the clutch cable was frayed inside and was not releasing properly.

Good Luck

#6 ·
I believe the risers he's talking about are fork leg extensions, not handlebar risers and fitting them only increases the ride height of the front and rear end, they wouldn't increase the height of the bars therefore the distance from the levers to the clutch would remain the same, not saying it couldn't be a clutch cable issue all the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.