Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
if you undo the two bolts its just a standard RAM diamond base you can bolt to whatever you like. the cheapest ive seen them is online, £6.80 +VAT

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered one.

It looks like it's for the whole kit, though I think it might be different from your first photo (unless they've updated the product now since you ordered).

The one I've ordered is Kit089 which is like this:

OTTER BOX IPOD CLIP W/ HANDLEBAR MOUNT

Whereas your photo is from Kit87 which is like:

OTTER BOX IPOD CLIP W/ PERMANENT MOUNT

Still seems like a real bargain either way though!

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
was this for just the diamond base?

the above is the whole mount for £4.99
yes just the base, and dont forget postage too so you got a bargain. you could try and sell the clip on ebay but i dont think there would be too many otterbox owners out there:D

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just tried to order one of these as it showed in stock, but the confirmation i got was only for the postage amount.

I called customer services and they have confirmed that it's discontinued and they have none in stock.

Hopefully you guys were lucky and got the last few.

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think it might be different from your first photo (unless they've updated the product now since you ordered).

Whereas your photo is from Kit87 which is like:

OTTER BOX IPOD CLIP W/ PERMANENT MOUNT

Still seems like a real bargain either way though!
Yeah,

I put that picture up as it's what is described in the info.

if it's as the kit photo then that's even better.

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
Yeah, I think it's the one from the kit photo (with the handlebar mount showing at the top - I've just realised that I've been looking at them upside down :D).

From what I can gather all the parts are interchangeable though so even if extra bits are needed it's still a bargain if you get what's in the photo (seems to cost that much or more just for one of the parts usually from what I can tell).

I got an order acknowledgement but not confirmation yet, so keeping my fingers crossed :)

Thanks again for posting the link up! If I've managed to get one that's a great deal :)

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
Excellent news :) I got a shipping confirmation yesterday, so perhaps it'll turn up tomorrow (fingers crossed).

Thanks again for posting up the link - it's an absolute bargain looking at the price of all those bits to buy seperately!

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
and now it's fitted.

I got a second hand Otterbox (the one with the membrane for touch screen devices) of ebay for £8

and with the RAM mount I now have a waterproof hard case for my satnav for under £16 :D

I wouldn't have chosen a blue one but beggars can't be choosers and all that

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
Wow. I was looking at those as well on ebay, but the internal dimensions didn't look like they'd be big enough to fit my gps in (but looking at it on your bike, it does look like it will be).

Do you know what model otter box that is (the 2000?).

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
Thank man. Much appreciated. That's the one I've got my eye on (have set my alarm to bid on it - hope nobody else sees it here or there'll be a bidding war :D).

There seem to be a few more listed too though so not the end of the world if I miss it.

Those dimensions seem about right for what I want (a bit wide perhaps but might turn out to be helpful so there's no strain put on the power connector on that side).

Thanks for all your help mate :)

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
might turn out to be helpful so there's no strain put on the power connector on that side
that's been my problem, getting the device central in the window and keeping the power lead plugged in,

I'm there now though, I made a new foam liner from a sheet of Funky Foam (just don't tell the kids I nicked it)

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
That funky foam stuff looks great. I found a youtube video test of it where a guy is dunking it in a bucket and dropping a concrete paving slab on it (with his iphone inside it!) and it seemed to be undamaged, so with all that foam padding you've got there it'll be almost indestructable (perfect for the bike).

I've just won that one on ebay :) Not quite sure how much of my gps display I'll be able to see through the window, but at that price (£7ish including delivery) if it doesn't work for this, it'll come in handy for something else I'm sure.

They tried to deliver the mount today but must have missed them (I could swear they knock quietly then run away :D). I'll have to go and pick it up in the morning. Looking forward to giving it a try :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts