then...

DSCN4865.jpg

and

DSCN5193.jpg

to

IMG_2196.jpg

and..

IMG_2197.jpg

Frame, yoke, swingarm and wheels all powdercoated. Engine sprayed matt black. Tank stripped and clear lacquered.

I know it wont be to everyone's taste on here, but I am pretty happy with it so far.

There are a few minor bits bothering me at the moment (front mudguard, a couple of bits which are gloss black but should be matt, sourcing some very short stem mirrors etc), but I just want to get it all finished now so I can get out and about on it. I can always do the final bits over the winter.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I must admit, when I've been doing work on mine and the fairing and panels are off, it looks pretty mean. I reckon I'd have to go with a round headlight if going 'naked'...the back end looks a lot tidier, but maybe a closing panel under the seat tail?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what you mean about the seat tail.

I might just paint the underside black for now

Here is the front view.

IMG_2195.jpg

The gap between the top of the rads and the tank bothers me a bit. Also on the to do list is to tidy up the rad shields. Possibly even get a more slimline rad and fuel tank one day.....

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Don't worry

you did not trash a classic,

you rescued it and it will love the use and abuse

Keep improving it ( the larger RD03/4 Tanks just drop on, might give it a different look :thumbup: )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts