Discussion Starter #1
Must say i do love them when i see good ones:D:D

came across these 2 today

Cool stuff:thumbup::thumbup::toothy10::toothy10:

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh and the eyes of the pretedor light up green and the (?)Laser thingy has a bright spot in it:thumbup::D:D

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Was it pointing at you?

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
jeez Pete,

You been on the rusty nails again ??? :D:D:D

Deffo affected your vision again :D

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I do think it looks well done:rolleyes: but how do you fill it up with motion potion?

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
1200 Bandit.. :toothy1:

on a bad hair day

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
Dunno... I kinda like the ones that grow over time through careful neglect ;-) and/or misuse. The ones that seem to be carefully designed to be a ratbike don't do much...

I oughtta get the dommie going again, that definitely counts as a rat by now.

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,031 Posts

My Africa Twin won 'best ratbike' at a Welsh bike rally last summer and I'm very very insulted!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well bugger me, designer rat bikes now!! mine was a Jawa 350 and chair, hood of chair was an old tent, seat with tape on. Painted black with no prep or masking. bike cost me £50, that was a rat.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Well bugger me, designer rat bikes now!! mine was a Jawa 350 and chair, hood of chair was an old tent, seat with tape on. Painted black with no prep or masking. bike cost me £50, that was a rat.
That is what I thought a rat bike was.
I thought it was a bike that was past it's prime and just kept on the road with wire and gum.

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
That is what I thought a rat bike was.
I thought it was a bike that was past it's prime and just kept on the road with wire and gum.
thats how it was, but "rat" is a style of its own now like chopper, bobber or streetfighter.
personally i dont like it, glueing plastic rats and skulls and assorted trash onto a perfectly good bike is a bit naff, a old rat would've been made out of trash to start with.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looks to me as though money has taken over, rat bikes were great, any one (with love for bikes and pockets full of dust) could have one, make a statment and even enter it. But alas i this is the future of rats, well they have been buldozed over and changed it (just like green lanes):(

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
i agree but who would want to buy one like that? get a bike, glue on some tat and spray it matt black, halve its value! im not saying its a bad thing, if thats your bag then go for it, but its not for me.

about the only group staying true to the idea is the rat trike crowd, either a monster V8 or reliant or any rear wheel drive car mechanicals shoehorned into someones girder and angle iron, treadplate and plywood idea of beauty, probably after a few too many mushrooms.
excellent

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts

Can you guess what it was? those that do will be horrified!

and if this is supposed to be a rat bike why has he fitted a bagster tankcover and crash bars? worried about scratches to his matt black paint job??

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
i agree but who would want to buy one like that? get a bike, glue on some tat and spray it matt black, halve its value!
Value is for people who sell their bike every couple of years. ;-)

Some people get a bike and ride and ride and ride and ride and ride until it is well and truly dead. (And then ride it some more -- That's a rat.)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts