Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any advice would be great,, iv got a 99 varadero & got a noise when i speed up & slow down, its a rattle like sound, could it be the clutch as its coming from that area???:confused:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Not much to go on but try pulling the clutch in when the noise appears to see if it stops.
It could be a loose screw of similar rattling around between the exhaust and engine casing or it could be a loose tappet.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx, ill try that on weekend, it only seems to happen when u twist the throttle or release it wen moving, no noise wen stood still.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've got a permanent rattle to....’It's called the girlfriend... :p !

No seriously though, I have a rattle that comes just under the right hand storage box on my 2009 vara.
If you push down on the lid or any of the plastic surrounding area it stops so I guess it's a case or taking all the bloody panelling of to see what is unless someone knows better.

It's not an engine or tech problem but just annoying...:(

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I get a rattle on my 99er that I've decided comes from the air box. (Seems to be under the tank) Rattles louder riding under choke. Was definitely louder the last time I had a new air filter. I've had it for ages and nothing serious has happened yet:rolleyes:.
Am I tempting providence:confused:

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
any advice would be great,, iv got a 99 varadero & got a noise when i speed up & slow down, its a rattle like sound, could it be the clutch as its coming from that area???:confused:
99% certain your nosie will be the cam chain tensioner on the front cylinder, i've had it on both my firestorm ( when i had it)and Varadero. Where it's located it doesn't get fed enough oil eventually the spring gives up

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
99% certain your nosie will be the cam chain tensioner on the front cylinder, i've had it on both my firestorm ( when i had it)and Varadero. Where it's located it doesn't get fed enough oil eventually the spring gives up
That was the main problem with the CX500 when the camchain tensioner used to fail

1 - 8 of 8 Posts