Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my mates RC30 for the day, boy i suffered !!!

So i went over to Boxhill and when i got there i noticed 2 Z1,s parked up real minters. So i parked up next to them got talking to the owners.

I love Z1,s i really fantasise about a P&M Z1 the Jim Wells and Kenny Irons era. The Z1 boys have a great T Shirt "Old Z1,s never die, they just get faster"

Some of the local Gixxer and R1 boys came over to look at the Z1,s and the RC30 one of them turned to the others and said

"gentlemen, we are in the prescence of motorcycling aristocracy!"

I thought that was cool, then a blast up the hill back to the M25, got taken by a lad on a CBR600RR who was really on it, in the big left hander, opened it a bit more, moved off the seat, she tucked down and tightened up and i took him underneath. A 1988 nearly a 20 years old bike but still and allways will be a legend, real quality bike to ride.

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
quality! :mrgreen:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The RC30 is my mates he is a London Property Developer who lives in Chelsea, BUT a really great guy huge laugh and 100% true biker.

He now has the RC30, RC45 with 2800 miles on the clock a new MV Agusta 1000 and a Ducati 998 the last of the 916 series with the testastretta engine, and a VFR800 for daily use.

BASTARD !!!!

We go to Europe every year on the bikes a big group of us, we tell him that he should write a book, how to survive on £1000 a day !!!

i love the RC30 not so keen on the RC45 more radical riding position and less torquey engine. The RC30 is wonderfull here is a picture of the baby.

This bike is quite special, ex Miguel Duhamel imported from the states. It has 6 pot harrison calipers best brakes i have ever used on any bike. Termigioni full race system sounds incredible and the noise on the overun is unreal. HRC Cams, HRC pistons and valves, HRC airbox and full race HRC carburetors cost nearly £4000 for these. Marchesini 17 inch rear wheel and an HRC kit front wheel. All bodywork is original

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Shit! You wouldn't want to chuck that down the road would you!

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts