Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, seams that I can't find the answer just by lurking the other posts, so
I'll just ask straight away: should I go with this exchange? I now the front end is
an easy job, but what about the rear shock? And another thing, the LC4 is (was) a
supermoto, so I'm afraid it is too stiff! Opinions and directions are welcome! Thanks

By the way, here's the queen:

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Can't speak about the front LC4 conversation but do you want to just lift the bikes suspension up and give better ground clearance? If so I make the front fork risers and rear shock riser. These cann be fitted to any Africa Twin model and give upto 70mm front lift and 40mm rear lift. Many other members here are using them and also on other Africa Atwin forums.

image.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not just about lift, I wanted to upgrade the bike in general :) . And the conversion with LC4 would cost me as little as to refab the stock suspension, and would end up better
for the same price...

...I'm getting the front and rear LC4 suspension almost new for 200eur !

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Sounds like a bargain Nik

Welcome to the forum

Nice queen you have there

·
Registered
338 Posts
If the LC4 came from the factory as a supermoto, I don't think the forks will be suitable because the springs are wrong & leg lengths are shorter
I believe (someone will correct me I'm sure), that some of the LC4s came as a dual option, having enduro forks & 2 sets of wheels. Enduro for off-road & supermoto for road use
You need to get a reference number off the forks to find out what model they are, then you'll know if you've got enduro forks :thumb: or supermoto :(

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Nice bike!
And built for the Switzerland market as well. (Square head lamp).
Light should be better then the two tiny round lamps the rest of the world got.

An RD03 have quite soft suspension and for a reason.
If you intend taking her offroad then you should keep the suspension soft and with a lot of travel.

If you plan on doing fast roadwork then you would be better off with something firmer.

I have never ridden an 640 LV4 SuperMoto but I suspect the suspension parts are on the firmer side, and with a bit less travel compared to an Africa Twin.

·
bike nut
1,034 Posts
Cant talk about africa twins but i recently put EXC forks on my transalp

Difference is amazing, bike handles like a dream off road now!

Guess it all depends what sort of riding you want to be doing

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,085 Posts
The LC4 640 SM and enduro front suspension is the same as is the 525 enduro (2001 ish) not sure about later models.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts