Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bit of advice/help would be gratefully received here.

I'm trying to find front and rear discs for the XRV 650. I haven't had much luck finding anything good, my primary concern is most aftermarket discs are a single piece, where the OEM appear to be floating (perhaps due to a risk of warping?). I'm also worried that the stopping distance will increase.

This super useful post shows interchangeable parts, the issue is that all the bikes listed are also old, and so I can't find OEM discs for any of them.

EBC discs are around, but they are a single piece and have been trashed on this forum. I can get single piece discs by Lucas from France if it comes to it.

It would be great to hear how others have got around this issue, and whether single piece discs have caused you trouble.

Thanks,
Alex

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hi,

I’m 90% sure the front OEM Disc is Available from cmsnl ,

As for the rear, I got close copy of the rear for about €60 from wemoto, other options are available but most discs look more modern or less like the OEM.
The OEM is hard to find, maybe not possible.

IMG_4778.JPG

89 HRC Africa Twin 650

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
None of the AT discs are floating. The pistons are only on one side of the calipers and the calipers have sliders that should be cleaned regularly. Warped discs come from lack of maintenance. AT calipers are weak and hold dirt so should be cleaned out at least once a year or more frequently depending on what terrain you ride on. Dirt and moisture get trapped behind the dust seal. Easily identified when you try to move the bike after it has been stood a while and feels like the brakes are catching. The pistons move out and do not retract properly due to the dirt. As a consequence the brakes bind and over heat the discs hence the warping

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts