Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I’ve been using the forum and old posts to go through all the fab AT wisdom and knowledge and just thought I should say hi and show why we all admire the build qualities of the early twins. Just took my June 88 RD03 out of it’s shed jail after 10 years in the dark. Don’t ask why I haven’t used it but kids, home renovations and marriage meant in lay unused for the last 10 years. Apart from some light surface rust in a few places and a quick wash down I think it’s in remarkable shape for a 32 year old bike that wasn’t stored in a perfectly dry shed either, with birds flying in a out etc. I’m stripping it down now for a light rolling tidy up and restoration over the winter months. Haven’t started it up yet but it was running sweetly before going to jail and it did have a full service so all the fluids were good before storage. I also did drain the carbs before the lay up so hopefully after a good service now it should be good. Is there anything particular I should change / replace on an AT that’s been stood for so long ? All in all I’m hugely impressed with the build quality of the RD03. There’s also a 82 CB750 F and BMW GS in the shed and they are not looking quite as good in prison. Heart said fix up the AT first so that also tells you something about these bikes that gets to you.

Are there many other early AT’s in Ireland by the way, haven’t seen any on the road for years.
Hopefully I can load a few pics up to show how she survived.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but no, I own the bike 15 years so it would be like selling one of the kids 🤣

·
Registered
120 Posts
Lovely specimen. If you clean the carbs be careful with the needle jets. It is the only thing the Keyster carbs kit does not provide and are rare to find

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lovely specimen. If you clean the carbs be careful with the needle jets. It is the only thing the Keyster carbs kit does not provide and are rare to find
Thanks for the heads up, carbs were drained before lay up so hopefully it’s just a matter of fresh juice and maybe some carb cleaner in the petrol tank 👍

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im a big fan of the RD03, great looks and lots of character.
I will watch your progress with interest.
Health to enjoy next year.

Every day on the right side of the grass is a good day!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts