Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace the sight glass/inspection lens on the front master cylinder of my 1988 XRV 60, but I can not seem to find a spare or any information about the size of the lens. Does anyone have any good information about this? :happy8:

I am pretty sure the XL600V shares the same master cylinder, but I can not find anything about that model either.

Regards

Erling, Norway

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes, that seems to be it. I am at work in Scotland right now, so I can not measure it myself, but I got a measurement of 18mm from a fellow 650-owner.

(OP here by the way. I managed to log in to my existing account..)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Where in Scotland are you working, I quite often work in Norway��

·
Registered
42 Posts
Our base (I work on a ship) is in Dunoon outside of Scotland, and this is where we are working right now. We also go up to the Hebridees occasionally. Where in Norway?

·
Registered
146 Posts
That’s funny, I work on a ship also! I’ve spent many years working at Ekofisk, but been to many other fields in Norway, and been lucky to visit a few towns and cities.. Would love to ride up to Nordkapp sometime:cheers:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hehe, that is funny! I work on a live fish transporter, so I've never been out on the oilfields myself. I would like to take that ride too. Me and my cousin flew up there in a Piper Cherokee from the sixties a few years ago. Really great trip. :thumbright:

Just let me know if you ever ride past Ålesund. :happy6:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Go to a watch/clock shop. See if they can fix you up with a crystal for a watch.
I replaced the glass on an oil dip stick that had a temp gauge. Worked like a charm.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks, I have quite a few friends around Alesund area so would definitely be around there

Cheers

John

·
Registered
42 Posts
Go to a watch/clock shop. See if they can fix you up with a crystal for a watch.
I replaced the glass on an oil dip stick that had a temp gauge. Worked like a charm.
I am probably going for one of the ebay-kits. I want to have a closer look at the master cylinder before ordering anything though, so I guess it will have to wait until I am home. I might just plug the banjo and bring it onboard with me next time for a respray and a full rebuild.

A watch crystal would be nice I guess as watches are one of my other nerdy interests. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts