Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searching the net as you do over the xmas bloatiness and came across this. Owner claims it was entered in the race. Restored, all original. Is it worth that much? Not that i am considering it. Father christmas hasnt been that generous.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
As rare as they get Mark, is it worth €20.000 if you can afford it yes. I think they were all raced at some point. I've not got the time but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell us who rode it and when....good find and if I had €15.000 I would try my powers of negotiation!!

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Unbelievable that there are two for sale!!

If it were closer I would look too, looks to have bash plate and rear side panels missing so could be incomplete!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was in tarragona this summer. if i had known i would have looked at that bike shop. they've got a standard 03 for sale as well. i think the bashplate/reservoir tank and maybe the side panels removed for service as it looks like they're changing the oil or something. whats in that reservoir on the bashplate. too low for an oil or petrol tank. these rd03's are starting to interest me a bit. :)

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
The compartments on the bash plate were for water and tools. If it's complete then for around £7500 it's good. Especially if you can find out who raced it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would be interested in buying the 1st one but can not find it in the web site so guess it is sold , unless someone can send me the link ,
thanks

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Cambio HONDA Africa Twin 650 de color rojo,blanco,azul del año 1988 con 35.000km en Zaragoza - WWW.MOTOCAMBIO.COM

the website hasnt been updated since april but you could email them and see. if you do come and get it i wouldnt mind coming along just to see it :).. you're a very lucky boy! i may be " indisposed" for a while so i wish you all a very Happy New Year!!

edit:
http://www.segundamano.es/zaragoza/africa-twin-objetif-dakar-1988/a63807766/?ca=0_s&st=a&c=41

he's just put this ad on today so its still for sale.

pps. he's also also got an RC30 for sale so a collector with taste i guess. if you need help with anything just shout.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi friends, it's Carlos Miret Bernal AT Marathon from Dakar '89. I see the ad is not more available, maybe found a buyer? 20K it's a very high price, though...not easy to sell
It will be on my AT Marathon website in a few weeks together with some more new photos, just waiting for a couple of restorations:rolleyes:

The other Spanish Marathon has been on sale quite often in the last few years, but then the guy won't sell it.... (ask Scum) bizarre!

Edit: ad available here
HONDA Africa Twin 650 650 de color rojo,blanco,azul del año 1988 con 35000km Zaragoza

1 - 10 of 10 Posts