Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Africa Twin community! I recently imported an Africa Twin RD03 from Germany into Sweden. It is in really good nick and relatively low mileage for its age: 50 000 km. She starts like a dream and accelerates smoothly until I reach around 5000 rpm, where the engine then becomes sluggish and looses power. If I then continue turning the throttle and reach 6000 rpm, the engine picks up again and accelerates normally. I changed the spark plugs, checked the CDIs ( they appear to be in good working order) and also checked the air filter which is clean. I was wondering if anyone has experienced a similar issue. Br Simon

·
Registered
75 Posts
Start simple. Check the rubber boots between the carbs and the engine. Make sure they are not loose, dry, or cracked causing a lean condition with the extra air being sucked in.

Choke plungers - are they clean and moving freely? Be careful when removing them as the plastic nut could be brittle.

Fuel filter? Is it clean? Cheap as chips to replace...

Good luck, looks like someone built a beautiful wood crate for a beautiful bike. Post up more photos!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mrfixit for the advise! Will get started straight away and get back with my progress!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts