NTC THERMISTOR
Thermistor Type: NTC
Resistance: 1kohm
Thermistor Tolerance: -2% to +2%
Beta Value (K): 3972K
Operating Temperature Range: -50°C to +150°C
Thermistor Case Style: Radial Leaded
No. of Pins: 2

believe it would be easier to measure-up, cut the desired bottom length, then solder. poke the top length through, solder then snip.

quick search on line, found some for £1 each.... but delivery is £15. So unless i/you folk can find them in the UK, CPC etc, i'll be ordering afew & let you know when they arrive. Happy hunting & bump the thread if you find any.

cpc closest thing...http://cpc.farnell.com/epcos/b57164k102j/thermistor-ntc/dp/RE06868 , for 75p... shall give it a go.

·
77 Posts
Good info foz,

I have a problem with the first (Amber) sensor on my 04 and have been looking for possible solutions to repair rather than replace, BobA ("magnificent avatars":blob2::blob2:) has also been posting about this problem and I have been watching with interest;), I'm going to have a go at repairing mine now, many thanks to you and BobA for helping.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
My amber oone's playing up too, I'll look see if I can fix mine! Cheers!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cpc ... none in stock, had something similar, but bad vibe. So, found some on web ordered 10, shall fit as soon as they arrive & let you know how it goes. if well shall post you both a couple, & buy me a pint if we meet. Sounds good?

·
77 Posts
cpc ... none in stock, had something similar, but bad vibe. So, found some on web ordered 10, shall fit as soon as they arrive & let you know how it goes. if well shall post you both a couple, & buy me a pint if we meet. Sounds good?
That sounds great, let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Sounds excellent mate!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they sent me ones with 5% accuracy instead of 2%, i fitted sensors over w/end anyway. Made a new connecting loom too. They didn't work! I'm pretty good with soldering/elecs etc, & all the warning lights came on when shorted across the new loom & on the testing relay etc. The ohm resistance readings changed across the spade connectors on the assembly after i'd finished soldering, by holding the thermistor casing in my hand. But when fitted to the bike, even left for 10 mins.. they didn't heat up enough to make/break the circuit (IT WAS 0*cel in the garage. I read on another bike forum that in extreme cold weather the sensors were still cold enough even without the petrol acting as a coolant. have other ideas,
+
http://xrv650story.eu/index.php?opti...ings&Itemid=96

1 week later...
Wire

asked my electronics wizzard about the xrv650 link above(not the photo), & visited bike breakers near his house. Found honda blackbird has a ball-cock & thermistor fuel sensors, only needed the tiny bit, but he wouldnt split. Once home found 2 on ebay.... £23 inc post. just soldered them in.... 30secs later....BINGO! Also found a new looking (instead of my sun bleach original) left switchgear of transalp. So she is now a fully operational battle star.... just need paint job!
:blob4:
nb, if you wish to replace just the thermistor, it doesnt pop-out as on the vid, you have to break a bakerlite type disc to be able to insert a new one into the assembly,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts