1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
i am looking for opinions on rear tyre size to go with on my RD03
Looks like I can either go with a 130 x 80 or a 140 x 80
The bike is road use only and will probably go with a 80/20 mix tread.
thanks

·
Registered
235 Posts
What is the room(bloody Autospell) rim size? Wider tyre on narrower rim means tighter radius on the tread.
By the way, if you enjoy corners, bikes turn in better with a narrower rear tyre, I guess because there isn't as much rubber to move across to get to the correct lean angle.

·
Registered
235 Posts

Michelin Anakee3 130/80 on 2.5" rim on my Transalp. The front is a 1.85" rim with a 90/90x21 tyre, and I run out of front tyre in corners before I run out of rear. On one occasion several years ago after months of riding road bikes on 17" tyres I managed to lean this bike over so far I lost the front and low sided. Sharp learning curve, remember which bike you're on. The tyre wraps around so far you can't see the chicken strips on the edges, but they are there.

Michelin Anakee Adventure 130/80 on 3" rim on my Suzuki xf650 Freewind. Front is a 2.5" rim and original tyre was 110/90×19. It also ran tho the edge before the rear so I now run 110/80x19, no chicken strips on rear, but nice safety margins on the wedge of the front.

A 140 will compare to a 130 on your rim the way that top one does to the bottom one. A more rounded rear tyre profile. Personally I prefer the lower one on road, for the reasons I've given allowing for steeper lean angles on sealed roads.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts