Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of preparing my RD03 for UK spec and am looking for option for the headlights and KPH speedo. I've scoured the net for MPH RD04 clocks with no luck as well as early RD04 headlights. I've considered trying to find a speedo overlay sticker with no luck either. I've got the MPH/KPH cable converter from Motrax but have read on here that these are not an acceptable change for importing to the UK.

Any help would be really appreciated.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
We have the converter on one of our bikes. No problem with its acceptance.
On another grey import we have simple stick on numbers and lines on the speedometer cover.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ditto what Traveller said: My Cagiva was supplied from new with stickers on the speedo, passed MOT each year without problems. see photo:

speedo closeup (Large).JPG

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
I've never had an MOT issue with the original RD03 headlamps passing an MOT in the past. Maybe it's due to their weak output, or nice examiner?

I am told the individual headlamps are the same as the early fireblades, but you need to do your homework and check. There's a set here....

Honda CBR900RRP Fireblade Headlights | eBay

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I've never had an MOT issue with the original RD03 headlamps passing an MOT in the past. Maybe it's due to their weak output, or nice examiner?

I am told the individual headlamps are the same as the early fireblades, but you need to do your homework and check. There's a set here....

Honda CBR900RRP Fireblade Headlights | eBay
my tester is a bit anal , but simply puts black tape over the quadrant that dips to the left

1 - 5 of 5 Posts