Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1989 XRV 650 RD 03 for sale . Basically a sound and reliable bike but condition reflects age and fact it lives outdoors . Could do with some TLC , main problem is fuel consumption - probably chokes other than that could do with front wheel re build and new fork gaiters . Had rear wheel rebuilt last year but with non original rim , seat recovered and renthal bars fitted .
Had new discs front and rear last year . Calipers a frequent problem have been sorted and are in good condition Paint plastics ok nothing major wrong but by no means immaculate . Taxed till August Mot till end of April Tyres and C + S still have life in them . £1150 Bike in North London 0775 9187500

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Hi Russell, sorry to see your selling the RD03, so what going to replace her?

Won't be there long at that price....:(

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kitped

Yes I will be sorry to see it go . I went to the Ace on Sunday and I still reckon it to be one of the best looking big trail bikes every and riding back did start to have second thoughts but have got an old R100GS slightly modified with WP and big tank and I just don't have the time for to ride as much as I like anyway and also I hate to have a bike languishing in the garage that not used . I still have a CRF 450 x so remain in the Honda Fold .

·
bike nut
1,034 Posts
1989 XRV 650 RD 03 for sale . Basically a sound and reliable bike but condition reflects age and fact it lives outdoors . Could do with some TLC , main problem is fuel consumption - probably chokes other than that could do with front wheel re build and new fork gaiters . Had rear wheel rebuilt last year but with non original rim , seat recovered and renthal bars fitted .
Had new discs front and rear last year . Calipers a frequent problem have been sorted and are in good condition Paint plastics ok nothing major wrong but by no means immaculate . Taxed till August Mot till end of April Tyres and C + S still have life in them . £1150 Bike in North London 0775 9187500

still got this bike? i am intrested thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is this still for sale?
If I did get it I would eventually do a rebuild, but what do you reckon it would take to get through the next MOT? As I need a bike for a couple of days in June.
Cheers

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't see any reason why it won't get through the next MOT all tyres , bearings , lights etc are ok

1 - 8 of 8 Posts