Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I'm Marco from Belgium. I have an RD04 from 1990. It's a great bike, but has had some bad owners that didn't maintain it. :(

I have replaced the rubber inlet seals, valve cover seals, fuel hoses, blablabla... =)

Now i am left with one part: a screw, a tiny washer and something on the screw. Who know where this part goes, because I can't remember it. I can't see it on the exploded charts.

Some pics:

IMG_3235.jpg
IMG_3236.jpg IMG_3237.jpg
IMG_3237.jpg

Thx !!!

Gr, Marco

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
That looks like a hose clamp screw not 100% though

reservoir-hose-clamp.jpeg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi!

Thx for the quick reply , that looks EXACTLY like the hose clamp. And now I remember where it should be installed!

My crankshaft end cap is toast
Previous owners have ruined the hex. And I demolished it. Any easy way to remove it so I can replace it with an end cap with extruding Hex ??

·
Registered
843 Posts
Like these?

CCT replacement/ alternator bungs - Page 5 - VTR1000.ORG

Drift the cap off carefully with an old screwdriver (or punch/chisel) in the undo direction at a very shallow angle.

just be careful how you hit it when trying to use a drift.

If you tap four small centre punch marks in, and then place the punch at a 45 degree angle to the casing, drifting the cap in the "undoing" direction it should come loose after a few taps.

Hit it about 5mm in from the outside edge, because the part that carries the thread and extends into the opening is under this; you're less likely to snap off unsupported areas.

Don't hit it too hard because you can punch a hole in the generator casing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts