Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks,

I am reluctantly selling my RD04 due to financial constraints.
It's a 1992 bike on a J plate, with 45,695 miles on the clock as of today (23rd June 2010), but this will go up as I commute around 100 miles a week or thereabouts.
I've had it nearly a year, and in that time its been serviced twice by me, in fact oil filter and new plugs were only done 600 miles ago.
I've added a Scottoiler, and Oxford heated grips, but as you can see in the pics, I took a Stanley knife to the ends of the grips (not the elements therein) as I wear BMW Winter Pro gloves, and my big paws got uncomfy with the ridges.
The bike is in what I would describe as pretty fair at 7/10. No major prangs, some minor bodywork dints (it is 18 years old) where it appears to have fallen over rather than been down the road.
The bike also has a Honda centre stand, and an impressive full set of Rikki crash bars, not to mention a higher dark screen. I also fitted braided hoses front and rear last year for good measure, as well as refurbing the calipers.
New Bridgestone Trailwings were fitted around 600 miles back as well!
It's taxed til end of March 2011 and is MOT'd til the end of April 2011.

Looking at other @'s for sale, considering age, mileage and goodies etc, I think offers in the region of £1695 is a reasonable ask.

I've also put the bike up for sale elsewhere so may withdraw it from here without notice.

As with all bike sales, turn up with the cash and you can test ride all you wish, No cash, no ride! No tyre kickers or daft 'eads please. And if you "represent an organisation that could sell the bike for me" i will not apologise for any abuse I give out to you LOL!!!

Please Email me in the first instance to [email protected]

Cheers

Mungrel

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Unless you are absolutely desperate for the cash don't under-sell mate,it's a mint looking bike,be patient and a buyer will come along these are sought after bits of kit.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Nice looking bike in good condition

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
looks interesting, what condition are the drive shaft splines in?
is there corrosion in the wheel rims?
cheers :happy6:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks interesting, what condition are the drive shaft splines in?
is there corrosion in the wheel rims?
cheers :happy6:
Drive shaft seems to be tickety boo. The rear wheel is faded as they all do at that age I believe. When the rear tyre was changed 600 miles back, the technician said he saw some corrosion but he cleaned it off and the tyre went on fine and has not lost a gnat's fart of pressure since.

There are some minor dints and dings in the bodywork, and some fibreglass repairs on the sidepanel internals.

Ive tried to be as descriptive as possible, bit any more pics, just ask!:thumbright:

May I also say that I really do not want to sell this bike, I really do have a great fondness for it, but needs must when the devil drives.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
did you get my PM?

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
shame got an AT acouple of months ago.. you should have no probs selling.. nice RD04 ( best one )

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Withdrawn from sale

Thanks to all PM'ers

i am sorry but due to circumstances at the 11th hour I am withdrawing the bike from sale for a while.

Apologies to all excited parties

Mungrel

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Re: Withdrawn from sale

Thanks to all PM'ers

i am sorry but due to circumstances at the 11th hour I am withdrawing the bike from sale for a while.

Apologies to all excited parties

Mungrel

keep it looks like a good un :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts