Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'll try keep this short, many moons ago, i lent a twin out to a friend for a day, he went up lakes with R1's..... So, after a while it became my daily ride....ride her til she dies.........yeah. afew years on, always left outside, ran daily, without fuel pump, late oil changes.... cam chains, tensioners, front head valve stems & seals all need doing. Afew month ago burning a little more oil than usual, the front plugs were a tiny pea size ball of coke where the electrode thing should have been visible. maybe the difficult job the spark was having caused failure of the front coils. All coils, caps, leads & plugs changed, ran ace again until 2 weeks ago. to be continued anyone used a CDI from a rd07 on a rd04? http://www.atic.org/faq/cdi.php

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Found on internet: Sometimes, a bad CDI does not cause sparks at all. Again, when a CDI box is about to go bad, it can lead to misfires, issues with starting, rough running or even stall the motor. ... When the fuel pump has a problem, spark plugs or coil packs are faulty, you would observe similar symptoms.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts