Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to Everyone,

I'm brand new in the forum and I thank you alla in advance for your advices.

I'm wondering about repositioning the cdi on my rd04...just to make sure that connectors are not compressed anymore...:confused:
anyone has experience about that? is it truly avoiding most of the cdi breakdown?

I'm sorry if the topic has been already discussed..!
thanks
Seth

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum Seth.

I've had a few AT's and never had a problem with the seat fouling the CDI connectors, although it is a problem other owners have reported.

Unless the plastic base of your seat is particularly worn or sagging, I'd say just make sure that the CDI is sitting well down in the rubber housing and that the cabling to the connectors is routed so there is no strain on them at all.

You can make a bit more room under the seat bu removing the clear plastic "reasonator" (??) moulding from behind the airbox.

Good Luck

Bob :grin:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you,
i'll have a look into that, for now i'd also like to find out an aftermarket cdi supplier....it seems to be a shorthage of used rd04 cdi....
and mother honda is asking some money for that.......:(

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
this is more of original 600 transalp problem..

the first transalps used to have both CDIs laying flat with the connectors on the top and then the seat pushing down on them, this was modfied about 1992, I think with the next model and they were then put into two rubber holders and set in the vertical position, the RDO3/4 are vertical so unless, ( as Bob points out ), your seat pan is resting on them there should not be an issue ( check that the rubber feet that sit on the frame have not been removed to allow the seat pan to drop & so lower the seat )
:thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts