Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

I have read mostly all threats and post about XRV choke and lean problems and haven't find solution for my running lean problem.. slowly dropping revs and hunting idle... and only air leak that i can find is from choke.
I have reamoved choke cable and pushed choke valve/plunger till the end with spring and that plastic cap. when i sprayed wd40 on it then engine revs rise.. so its leaks air and both sides.

So im asking .. should it be like that? sucking air form outside even when choke is fully inside??? And when i covered it dosent help. is it possible that choke valve/plunger has come so loose that air gets aroud it??

Thanks

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,031 Posts
Hello everyone.I have read mostly all threats and post about XRV choke and lean problems and haven't find solution for my running lean problem.. slowly dropping revs and hunting idle... and only air leak that i can find is from choke.I have reamoved choke cable and pushed choke valve/plunger till the end with spring and that plastic cap. when i sprayed wd40 on it then engine revs rise.. so its leaks air and both sides.So im asking .. should it be like that? sucking air form outside even when choke is fully inside??? And when i covered it dosent help. is it possible that choke valve/plunger has come so loose that air gets aroud it??Thanks
I didn't use the plastic cap on mine. I put the plunger and spring in, then screwed in one of the brake caliper blanking slotted screw things. This seals it, the plastic cap would surely have a hole in it for the cable?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sealed tight those plastic nut holes with bolt and not sucking air from outside anymore but still running lean. Specially front cylinder when i turn air/fuel screw 6 turns out engine starts working and idle dropping normally...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts