Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an engine complete but stripped due to output shaft wear its done 60 000miles but no ridges on cylinder bores how much is it worth thanks in advance

·
Registered
371 Posts
Interesting question, I have just rebuilt a second engine (RD07a) but they are more or less the same (pulsar excepted). This one had 77000 miles on the clock.

It needed valve seats recutting (3 angle seats), valve faces grinding, valves lapping, barrels honing, new rings, new cam chains, counter shaft (wasn't toast but when your in that deep?) countershaft bearing, OEM gaskets top and bottom, assorted oil seals etc total cost of parts £563. Labour not charged. Everything else well within service limits.

So to spin the question around what would people pay for a fully reconditioned engine? Throw in a new engine paint job too so it even looks like new, £500, £750, £1000, £1500!!

That price I supose dictates what yours is worth to someone with the time and knowledge to sort it.

Definately be interested to know what everyone thinks.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I haven't seen the asking prices for stripped engines Een, but I do look on EBay pretty regularly for RD04 parts (I'd say about a quarter of my RD04 has been sourced from there...).

I see relatively often there that used "running" engines seem to go for around the £500 to £800 quid mark, but of course there's no guarantee what condition they're in until you've I guess taken the plunge, bidded / bought one and then stripped it yourself to have a look.

Termoli in Italy sell engines for between about 350 to 500 Euros depending on mileage, but the shipping costs from Italy aren't cheap!

IMPRESA EDILE SCAVOLO

I'm assuming that you're looking to sell it as it is currently, i.e. stripped, and if you're sure that all of the components are still with it, then I'd be interested to hear what any of the guys here who've bought or sold an engine in a similar condition would suggest. :thumbup:

I may be interested myself, if you do ballpark a selling price mate :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts