Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Having done a deal late this afternoon with the devil (aka Benham BMW) I have to put my beloved Alice up for sale. I promised my ever suffering wife that if another bike came both the Vara and Alice would go so here she is...unless I sell her there is a hole waiting for me under the patio :(

Apologies for the poor pics I've just taken the covers of her as she is currently sorned and in the garage.

Here is the link to JDs original sale which contains all the details on the bike plus links to all the work done by previous owners such as Alan and Bob. The bike will come with all the spare bodywork including that amassed by JD. There is a lot !
http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/bikes-sale-wanted/40971-africa-twin-ex-alan-h-bobone-leg.html

I've just had her MOTd and she has a genuine 46016 on the clock. I put on a new speedo cable as it broke the week I sorned her and have fitted a new Motobatt. The only thing to add is there is about 500 miles left on the rear tyre (front is ok) and she will need a new chain pretty soon (sprockets are good).

Losing this bike will be a wrench, I love to ride it. Probably the only bike I've had recently that has real soul and puts a smile on my face. I would like the bike to go to someone on the forum if possible.

Asking price including a shed full of body parts is £1900. I am away from this Friday in deepest darkest Cornwall for a week so I apologise if you pm me and I dont reply straightaway but I will get back to any interested parties asap.

Thanks for viewing

Andy

07946 351092

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
I think it's got three bits from my old bikes on it too. Mirrors possibly, screen and gear lever. :D

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Nooooo - don't tempt me!

That is one very together RD04. I still miss it. I rather suspect that Bob misses it too.

The list of fettled bits is exceedingly long. There should be a complete pile of service history with it showing everything done. Those are original Honda pannier racks which are virtually unobtainable and better than the H&B ones.

The gear lever is one I put on there. It's a SunLine CR85 aftermarket lever ideal for use with MX boots as it's slightly longer than standard.

I'm sure you'll find the right buyer. It's a superb machine.

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
OMG :tongue9:

having just sold my KTM 640 to Len (Airwolf) I have the money to buy this but the money is supposed to fund our european trip next year.

How am I going to sleep soundly tonight :hmph:

Bob.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
You could do some overtime between now and next year couldn't you? If you buy it back it will certainly save me from an ear-bashing from SWMBO PLUS I could drop in and see it again. Really tempting isn't it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OMG :tongue9:

having just sold my KTM 640 to Len (Airwolf) I have the money to buy this but the money is supposed to fund our european trip next year.

How am I going to sleep soundly tonight :hmph:

Bob.
Alice and Europe await you Bob :)

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
You could do some overtime between now and next year couldn't you? If you buy it back it will certainly save me from an ear-bashing from SWMBO PLUS I could drop in and see it again. Really tempting isn't it.
You're not helping

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
free bump back to the top for a really cool bike.....:thumb:
I wish I could have my GSA and an AT:(

good luck with the sale:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I'm so so tempted to run and view this but must resist or I will buy it;)
must resist, must resist:thumb:

wanna nice ( much cheaper) Armstrong as a PX ?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm so so tempted to run and view this but must resist or I will buy it;)
must resist, must resist:thumb:

wanna nice ( much cheaper) Armstrong as a PX ?
Resistance is futile....nice day forecast Sunday and I'm back from hols. Nice run out from your house and a cuppa will be waiting :D:D P/X leaves me with the same problem which is no space in my garage.

Spent the hols buttering up Mrs Wonderful. She says I can keep it if it don't sell and put it in storage at the bro's smallholding...isn't she ace :thumbup:

Kettle's still on Magwa :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Resistance is futile....nice day forecast Sunday and I'm back from hols. Nice run out from your house and a cuppa will be waiting :D:D P/X leaves me with the same problem which is no space in my garage.

Spent the hols buttering up Mrs Wonderful. She says I can keep it if it don't sell and put it in storage at the bro's smallholding...isn't she ace :thumbup:

Kettle's still on Magwa :thumbup:
yeap

I'm at shugborough at a classic car show.....
http://www.transtarpromotions.com/
decisions decisions
;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts