Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Diode in the fusebox on my RD04 has become detached and there appears to be no way to replace or reconnect it. The fusebox is a sealed unit and ( I assume) comes with the Diode. I guess this little blighter is essential for ignition as whilst the bike will turn over, (only with the clutch pulled in), there is no spark and no fuel being delivered. Any alternatives to a new fusebox?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Going from the Haynes manual, I take it that this is a 1990 or 1991 XRV750-L or M?

If that's the case then the diode is connected between the Dark Green / Red and Light Green / Red wires. The fuse box is just somewhere tidy to keep the diode. Those two wires are only for the diode and are not connected to anything else inside the fusebox - according to the Haynes wiring diagram.

Some help?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lutin,
Yes its a 1990 UK bike. So are you saying I could make a connection with a Diode between those wires outside the fusebox?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Dont forget the diode only works on way. Connect it the wrong way and you will have no joy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lutin, Traveller- Thanks for that. Looking at the Diode closely I can see that the striped end was soldered to a wire, but the other end appears to have been just pushed into the box with no sign of a wire end or connector in there.
Wemoto quote £35 for the fusebox unit which comes with the short wiring loom and connectors, so its not a huge issue, but I'm still tempted to have ago at a fix/bodge.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Let me have a look in my "may come in useful" box. I may just have a fusebox knocking around complete with diode and connectors. If I remember rightly, the lid's a bit scruffy but you could swap your lid onto it.

I'll post back later this evening.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let me have a look in my "may come in useful" box. I may just have a fusebox knocking around complete with diode and connectors. If I remember rightly, the lid's a bit scruffy but you could swap your lid onto it.

I'll post back later this evening.
That would be great, probably best to just replace it, given my laughable soldering skills ! - be happy pay a fair price & cover P&P:thumbup:

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
That would be great, probably best to just replace it, given my laughable soldering skills ! - be happy pay a fair price & cover P&P:thumbup:
...and found it. PM will be on its way shortly :thumbright:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts